1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

bleacherreport - why houston will win it all in 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jd3, Jul 25, 2010.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Artest and Odom's names are not even mentioned in the post.

2. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Some points were invalid, but I'll take it.. love the praise and respect.

3. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We can counter anything the lakers trow at us this year if yao is healthy.

4. bloop

bloop Member

Because Artest is a head case who's more harm to the team than help (except for the odd game winner he pulls out of his ass once a series)

and Odom is a p***y

5. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Finally some positive vibe on this forum. This is our season guys! Get excited!!!

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Sigh... re-read my post...

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn dude, you got some stalkers here on site. There was that low caps dadakota now this guy is taking your sig :eek:

8. Shoot40Stars

Shoot40Stars Member

. The Rockets have a CHANCE to reach the finals each year they reach the playoffs, and the percentile in which that CHANCE falls can't be based soley on the team's ability. However, history should be an addition in any formula used to calculate such an occurrence. Eight teams have won it all in the past thirty years, and five of those teams have won in the past seven years. Champions always prove to be Champions, because their hunger to win is insatiable. Meaning...championship organizations, such as ours, always purse and manage to produce a team with a CHANCE to win. So as fans of a championship organization, we SHOULDbelieve our turn is "always" next.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Why are you still posting? Just as a reminder, Marting shot over 40%.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

coach nick = moonsh0t?

11. Raven

Raven Member

I'll say this much, it's going to be tough to beat down this team. With so much depth, any starter in a slump can easily be replaced.

12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I must admit ASidd signing DD had me laughing, but the copyright was pretty damn funny too.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ugh! This is no different than a well written post from the GARM, except the dudes and dudettes who write well here would have a more intimate knowledge of the facts. The obvious blunder of "Lowry is a clone of Brooks" made it hard to read the rest of it. Ariza is the starter at the 3. Battier will be a member of the bench mob from here on out, unless he's moved (ditto Ariza), except for situational starts. Seriously... this is a fan post. We have countless ones here already.

1 person likes this.
  14. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

LOLZ.

15. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I am still trying to figure out what 'as deep as the Nile' means... :confused:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Every internet star has their hanger ons.....

;)

I have a lot of symbols that I could use....for fun...lol....to keep the DDingleberries guessing....

And this is not the first time a "DD" extravaganza has happened, I think the last time, Clutch started banning them.

DD

#56 DaDakota, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  17. hoyarocketsfan

Yeah it lost all cred for me at that point. That article also had more hyperbole than a TNT half-time show.

I love the rockets getting attention, but going through each player and citing their positive attributes as proof that the team is good is pretty amateur.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Amatuer like, something that might be found, oh, say...here:

;)

DD

19. hoyarocketsfan

I don't know. You're not giving Clutchfans enough credit. I think if that was the first post in a thread entitled "Why the Rockets Will Beat the Lakers in 2011" it would not be well received.

Maybe having Morey as our GM has made us basketball writing snobs, but I think the days are largely over on Clutchfans where that kind of writing/vaguely supported prognosticating gets much positive attention.

20. hoyarocketsfan

but that thread did make it to six pages. Sigh :(