1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Houston isn't appealing even tho they should be

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rox4lyf, Jul 23, 2010.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

fraternity? Top players in NBA were used to be killing each other. It is LJ who set the record to betrey his own town to join another top player in DW.

Trust me, it is nothing about media, or Yao being gamer or international player, if Houston are good, they will come. It's all about winning.

2. Salvation710

Salvation710 Member

He was ready to overpay for Bosh in the form of max contract + assets to Toronto. In fact DM was willing to pay more for Bosh than anyone else in the entire league. He had the most to offer and he offered it.

I understand your point about stars going towards other stars. But this particular point you made is simply not true. DM is willing to pay good money to the players he wants.

3. PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe Member

LeBron is so consumed in helping his legacy by winning championshps, that he failed to see that going to Miami ultimately hurt his legacy...

4. Raven

Raven Member

One in Cleveland is worth five in Miami. His decision guarantees that he'll never challenge Jordan or Kobe for greatest ever.

5. PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe Member

Exactly. LeBron is so dumb.

6. Shoot40Stars

Shoot40Stars Member

In response to the OP: The Rockets don't need to be an attractive location in order to aquire a star player. The real needs have been stated before: An unsure GM as a trade partner, and more patience. Star players can be obtained by trading our "assests" for a lottery team's draft pick, and if we're lucky we may also obtain both the player and the loyalty.

7. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

/end thread

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Here's a couple of reasons the FAs don't want to come here, both related to Tracy McGrady's stay here:

1) When he was (apparently) healing, we dissed him by not playing him. The Boshes of the world expect to be treated like superstars; we sure didn't treat Tracy like that.

2) Our system is geared against the superstar cowboy. This is why McGrady didn't fit in, even going back several years. When he did his thing, it screwed up the team, as the players would stand around and watch. We wanted him to be a super-talented role player, not take over games. What superstar wants to come here to be first among equals, when they can really be the heart and soul any other team?

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When did Chris paul actually say he wouldn't play for Houston if traded? stop making ish up. Second it does not HAVE to be chris paul.

BLACKLIST? WHAT??? DUDE STOP MAKING STUFF UP REALLY.

I don't even want Chris Paul, I want a small forward, I happen to think we are great at the point guard position.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dude honestly do you even remember what you said about Morey???

I don't remember us trying to trade for someone other than Bosh so how can it be a bust??? *Patience*

The summer isn't over yet and as I said Bosh made up his mind a long time ago that he was going to Miami.

Your only suggestion is to take on bad contracts and bet on the draft because some teams have gotten lucky, NEWS FLASH! someone has too! but 28 times out of 29 that won't be you! And who's to say the guy you get will be the next big star??

Trust me, A LOT can happen between now and feb 2011 A LOT.

RON ARTEST, YAO MING AND TRACY MCGRADY, If healthy would have won it all. Morey did that, we need him to do it again.

P.S. I hate the Jazz never say they are like us ever again! lol

11. wushui

wushui Member

Our jerseys are pretty ugly.

12. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i feel this was the real reason why no top free-agents wanted to sign with houston. the star free agents acknowledged how they treated mcgrady this past season, throwing him under the bus, and giving him the run around, and avoiding his calls like a girlfriend the rockets didn't want anymore.

13. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i bet bosh really did consider playing for houston but i also feel that this made up bosh scenario was actually probably thought in his head when houston was brought up nationally......

"yeah i would sign with Houston, they have yao coming back, plus great role players, but remember how they did my n word T-mac dirty this past season?" (scratches houston off the list). :mad: :mad:

14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah, since the Knicks have a terrific track record, especially recently... :rolleyes:

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

Only the brain dead T-Wack nut huggers beleive this.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Big fail.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Tmac apologists need to sthu. Bosh chose one destination out of 30. I am sure the way Tmac was allegedly mistreated in Houston has something to do with the other 28 teams not landing Bosh.

smh....

18. valorita

valorita Member

Anybody know if Paul is appearing in any shows or interviews soon? If so, then we should send fan q's like: "There have been rumors that you want to be traded to 4 teams... why did you choose those teams? Also, would you consider other teams if they fit your criterion? (And finally) How about Houston?". We will know once and for all if he has any interest in being traded to the Rox.

If he's not scheduled, then we should let Morey facilitate a radio interview with 610 or something.

I personally would like to know whether there is a chance before I start speculating. I hated all the Bosh talks because in retrospect, he knew that he was going where Wade or Lebron was going.

19. bloop

bloop Member

this is not a Lebron thread .

stop posting about lebron every 5 minutes

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Luck FeBron!!