1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James advice to CP3: stay West, no come East, make rivalry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

2. He15man23

He15man23 Member

Bring it on, LeBron! I'd love to see a CP3-led Rockets team take on the Heat every year.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol I think what Lebron really means is "Stay west, we don't want any competition in the East."

1 person likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't have a problem with your outlook that great players have a responsibility to the game to fully earn their accomplishments and not piggy-back on the talents of others. I'm not as angry about it as you are, but I understand where you're coming from. I've said it a number of times: it would mean more if LeBron won his championships in Cleveland, on his own, rather than with Wade in Miami.

But if you or anyone else feels so strongly about this, you can't give Wade a pass for trying to bring LeBron in. The way you put it, its like Wade is the one on a contender, and LeBron saw that and decided to switch over. But as you know, Wade's been on bad to mediocre teams for a while, and he needed LeBron to get back to a championship-level. What does it say about him that he wanted the 2-time MVP to help him become a champion again? It looks to me like both of them chose to make a path to the Finals easier on themselves by teaming up. While its true that Wade wasn't the one to ditch his team, who knows what would have happened if the circumstances were switched (that is, Wade was in Cleveland, and LeBron was in Miami with all the cap space).

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hear you. Back when we had Sampson and Olajuwon the first couple of years before the long term impact of the White Powder Debacle and The Fall of Ralph, we were looked at by the rest of the league and millions of fans as having two superstars who were the foundation of the next dynasty. The next Showtime Lakers, the next Celtics. We were the future and on cloud nine looking forward. There was a big difference, however. We got the two in the draft and we were lucky. Heck, they changed the rules due to our luck. It wasn't a "plot" by a group of players to create some "super team" together, and done in an amazingly distasteful fashion.

Considering the rule change after our stroke of luck, it wouldn't surprise me if Stern and company didn't tweak the rules a bit more to try an avoid a repetition. I'm not sure how they would do it, but they'll do something, in my opinion. A very heavy fine for James' remarks about CP staying in the West would start sending a message.

#65 Deckard, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  6. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

When is "word is" a credible source. Is the hate for bron that bad?

The bron haters will take anything they can even thou it's
    Looking like this isn't even true that he even said this.

7. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Aquaman wouldn't say that....we know Flash is behind this, he just asked the world's greatest sidekick to do it.

Wade is a smart man

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

he's like a wrestling commissioner

9. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

LeBron can eat my ass.

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LOL, how did I miss Ronny calling Lebron "b**** made"?

11. rocketsunited

rocketsunited Member

I am personally starting to dislike LeBron more and more this offseason...he seriously needs to stop talking and just worry about himself, if these reports are true.

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

because they knew they would be playing together soon enough and those games didnt matter.

13. Garner

Garner Member

sure...now lebron is concerned with having a good rivalry match up. Not like that could have been achieved across from Wade or anything. Ridiculous.

14. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Lebron is just concerned the road to a championship will not be as easy if another young 3 star team formed in the east.

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Paul in Orlando would be absolutely sick. I remember JVG commenting during a Magic playoff game after seeing a couple of PnR's with Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard that Nelson was good, but his passing was sub-par. Howard was getting to the open spaces but Nelson either couldn't see it or couldn't put himself in a position to make the pass. Swap Nelson with Paul and that pick and roll becomes the deadliest play in the league.

I hope Paul is able to negotiate a deal that gets him to Orlando, even if it is a douche move. As a basketball fan, I would really enjoy seeing Paul and Howard play together. Plus I hope that they do get together and knock Miami out in the second/third round next year.

16. dora-akcay

dora-akcay Member

Is he thinking a Heat-Hornets finals? WTF rivalry is he talking about? He is f***ing dumb.

17. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Orlando was already a title contender , put CP3 with Howard ....Look out Howard unreal FG% would get even more video gamish :grin:

18. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

this is pitiful. since when did the best players not want to play the other elite....

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]