1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Giving Martin up too much or a risk?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Jul 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

i mean its obvious that if we want to trade for a superstar ex) paul, granger martin would be a very intriguing piece, but then that would leave us with absolutely nothin at the sg position, unless you want to put ariza there, which even me, a huge fan of his, thinks he doesnt have the handles to play that position. and dont be say that we have JT, cause he's not good. stop overhyping him.

imo, i would think martin would almost be untouchable. what do yall think?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Martin is not untouchable. As much as I like his offensive ability, if we can get a superstar at his expense, it will be much worth it.

3. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

but we basically would be thinner than thin at the sg position.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There's Chase and Taylor too.

5. PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe Member

It's too much to give up if your getting Paul, becasue it would force Ariza back to the 2, when he's clearly more comfortable at the 3,and you would also be losing you foul drawer who gets us in the bonus early. Not to mention Martin would not be the only guy you would lose.

6. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

taylor is crap. and chase is more like ariza, as in they are both slasher type players, they wouldnt thrive in the sg position. as you saw last season with ariza, that would happen with chase too.

7. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The only person I would give Martin up for would be Melo (assuming he signs an extension). Other than that, he would be too much. He's too good of a fit with Yao.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why do you consider granger a superstar, he is in the same level as martin

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

While I don't think that Kevin Martin is absolutely untouchable, I definitely think he's a lot "more untouchable" that many give him credit for on this BBS.

After Yao, he's clearly the best player on the Rockets. Daryl Morey has desperately been after this guy for over two years. I don't think he's too keen on trading him away so quickly.

For a superstar? If it's absolutely necessary, then sure. Otherwise, I just don't see the Rockets moving Martin.

He's just too damn efficient.

10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Two words: Fantasy Basketball.

11. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

i dont see melo playing the sg position. if that trade were too happen, i would want to make sure we get a fernandez or a wafer before the trade. (im a big fan of both of these two guys)

12. Asian Sensation

I don't know what you guys are smoking but Martin IS a SUPERSTAR. His defense may not be that great but our team defense is very strong overall. Martin is the perfect compliment to Yao and he's one of the more efficient, prolific scoring 2 guards in the league.

He's easily a TOP 5 shooting guard. IMO the pecking order goes as follows. Kobe, Wade, Roy and then Martin, Joe Johnson and Iggy. Considering contract and fit Martin would be ahead of JJ and Iggy for 4th place.

Martin is the Shiznit!

13. monster

monster Member

Nobody is untouchable, but other than Yao, Martin is as close to untouchable as this team gets. I would hope we have enough assets that we could avoid moving Martin. I think he's good, but his ability to get to the FT line and hit is huge.

14. Asian Sensation

Beat me to basically what I thought and said. Must spread Rep.

15. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

martin hasnt done anyhting yet except show he can hit outside shots and is pretty slick getting to the free throw line. his defense though is what worries me.

16. PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe Member

Due to the Kings being horrible, Martin had no media coverage whatsoever,or else he would be rated higher among NBA fans.

17. Raven

Raven Member

If Yao can stay healthy, Martin is going to have a career year. Book it.

1 person likes this.
  18. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Taylor is crap, but you like Von Wafer? Aren't they very similar players? Taylor hasn't even seen the court much, it's too early to say he sucks.

19. He15man23

He15man23 Member

Personally, I think we should do whatever we can to get CP3. Superstars are extremely rare to come by. In my opinion, Brooks could play the 2 and guard the 1 on defense. He may be a little undersized but he led the league in 3-pointers last year. His quickness will also make up for the lack of size.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey won't trade Martin. He's the ideal SG for this system and Yao.

The only way we trade him is if it's for a star at SG. I don't see any on the market.

No, Iggy and Granger aren't SG's.