1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what sg are still available, or what sg should we be targeting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketboi, Jul 18, 2010.

1. opticon

opticon Member

Brooks is our Backup 2.

the minutes That Brooks does not use at the 2 spot can easily be pickup by Taylor and Budinger.

Aaron can shoot the rock period. The more minutes we have him on the court looking for his shot the better.

As long as Aaron and Kyle are both on this team that how it has to be so ever gets some butter on there bread if you know what I mean.

He has alot of success with that small backcourt.

I also think the we will see alot of kyle and Kevin in the back court together to sure up our perimeter defense.

2. PeppermintCandy

I'd like to see this pairing. IIRC these two players got few meaningful minutes together last season.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/category/summer-league/
    I don't know what your expectation of a 2 backup guard is. But JT is good for the 10-12 minutes he gives you.... There is no steady backup 2.... Chase, Aaron they all can play the 2 depending on matchups.... there will be no more minutes to fill
    BTW JT was voted into the SL best team. Granted he had one or two sub par games he was widely regarded as one of the best Rockets in the summer league, the best... :confused: I just think people are spoiled because others have Wade, Kobe on their team, and our starter is just Martin and you want an equal backup.

4. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Assuming that Rockets still gonna use Yao as their goto guy, Brooks is really good for a fast pace game, while Lowry is not that consistent. So I'd like to see another pure PG here, not a big name, just a backup to change the pace of the game, tall and skillful enough to make the inside-out gameplan work, respectful 3pt ability to lure the defender out.

T-mac used to be a perfect role for this spot.

5. includeapmatrix

rashaad mccants

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

still not the true SG you want but yeah, get r done!