1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Jul 17, 2010.

Tags:
?

Brad Miller the next Brent Barry

1. yes-he will run out of gas like Brent

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. no-he will be a solid contributor & play well

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  1. danoman

danoman Member

[​IMG]

2. jmr123jmr

jmr123jmr Member

WELL DUDE YAO Needs a BACK UP CENTER. One that can cover 10-20 mins N he will strech the defense.

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Brad Miller is black he will do fine.

4. meh

meh Member

What did you mean by the following then?

5. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

You would prefer mexican?

1 person likes this.
  6. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Who is the other white center?
    Yao is clearly black.

7. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I thought Brad Miller was black? Now I'm all confused! Who is Yao?

8. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

They paid a lot for him, and he's old, but obviously Adelman thinks he'll fit in the Rockets' system. Frankly, those Sacramento teams you saw him on were pretty good, so it's hard to believe he was that bad. He also started on those teams. He'll be the backup in Houston.

9. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

lol. quality.

But seriously OP. Your opinion doesn't warrant a new thread, why couldn't this have been posted in any other Miller thread.

I have a feeling that when you are around your friends, they think "Damn I hope he doesn't do anythign stupid"

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah but he never stinked while playing for Rick Adleman in his system... that's for d@mn sure.

11. 34to11

34to11 Member

Wow....more b****ing, whining, and complaining here on CF?
    Who would have thought?

While I agree with the apparent consensus that this contract is a bit on the high end, the painfully obvious reality was that the Rockets needed a back-up center in the worst way.
    So why not get one who is familiar with the system and presumably should plug right in quite nicely.
    Add to that, the fact that big men usually come at a premium in this league anyway.
    I see it as a move that was not only necessary, but made pretty good sense in the end.

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

OP stinks, I live in Houston. He is a scrub, I think you will get the picture.

13. durvasa

durvasa Member

BTW, I'm not a big fan of this acquisition either. Personally, I would have preferred us going after Erick Dampier, but I think I'm pretty much alone on that one.

14. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

You're right.
    Jordan Hill is the only white center I can think of.

15. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Brad Miller will be great for are young big men. These guys should develop pretty fast with mentors like Yao, Hayes, and Miller. Plus we get some much need depth down low.

16. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

I'm actually pretty happy about us getting Miller, now we need a young project Center like Hasheem Thabeet that can be mentored by Yao and Miller and we would be set at Center. I think everyone is putting to much emphasis on Brad, he isn't gonna be our go to guy or anything. He isn't bad as a back up at all.

17. rocketsunited

rocketsunited Member

Of all the free agents out there to back up Yao, I would prefer Miller. That being said, I do feel he is overrated and being a little bit too much.

C'mon guys he's a GREAT backup nonetheless, plus should be great under our Coach

18. RV6

RV6 Member

because he's no longer living in sacramento and didnt realize he sucks...only those who live there can evaluate former kings correctly!

19. 34to11

34to11 Member

That made me laugh...really. :grin:

20. somenobody

somenobody Member

Where is the "Brad Miller sucks" thread? I was reading it and it disppeared when I tried to move to the next page. Did this kind of thing always happen? No opposite opions? Is this media censorship? Someone told me this was a country of freedom!