1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Jul 17, 2010.

Tags:
?

Brad Miller the next Brent Barry

1. yes-he will run out of gas like Brent

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. no-he will be a solid contributor & play well

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vL1x6S15Uyw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vL1x6S15Uyw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

At 2:18 Brad talks (jokingly) about his high basketball IQ and being inspired playing against his old coach. He scored 25 points that night.

2. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Lol some idiots calling this some albatross contract it's a friggin 2 year guaranteed deal do you even know what the meaning of albatross?

And seriously don't get those who are clamoring for this young athletic backup center who'd be first off available or even cheaper. These guys are either scrubs in the d- league or lottery picks who are unnatainable. Seriously friggin dj mbenga? Have you guys even seen him play? He's like Dorsey 2.0 with less offense

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hope we get Iggy now.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

So post count = knowledge of the game.

Lol surely you didn't mean that.

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I look forward to a season of Matt Bullard and Bill Worrel going back and forth between "Hey Bud let's party!" and "It's Miller time!!!"

6. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Don't give them any ideas. ;)

7. crocktees

crocktees Member

Wow, Morey finally made the move that everyone said the Rockets HAD to make and half the comments are griping about money. How about a new thread of how awesome it is to have an owner that will pay what is needed, where it is needed...

Morey got his man, he's not done with the roster. Take a pull and relax.

8. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

I am happy for the signing. Why? Because Yao is no insurance right now. I don't think he will play 15+ minutes for the first 20-25 games. If we really want to be contenders, those 20-25 games will be crucial to get the home court advantage. Although I consider myself a rabid fan of Jordan Hill, having him to play (and figure out) C for 20-25 games @ 20+ minutes is kind of generous towards our rivals. Instead, we now have a veteran who knows Adelman's system better than JH will get to know this season, we have a super-deep roster.

Remember: Houston is where injury happens, so I guess our bench players will get their playing time. Heck, our roster is so deep, we can simply have Yao sit full games, to protect him from injuries (back-to-backs anyone?).

Miller may not seem to be much of an upgrade now, because everyone assumes Yao will play 25 minutes and at least 94 games, but I don't think that will happen. The fun thing is, with Miller we don't need Yao to be around all season long. If we can get him hot for the playoffs and some critical games, that might suffice. Cool. And what is even cooler: I think it IS possible after all to have a prime Yao for 30 games this season. We won't need more from him with this roster.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good points. Miller brings some toughness to the team that we lost with Artest's departure. Anybody who was willing to dance with Shaq (long time ago) is a tough son of gun.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Are you telling boys to yank on their knobs so they can relax??? :confused: :eek: :grin:

11. i3artow i3aller

Not sure how anyone could be against the signing of B. Miller. Chemistry can be a very strange thing and Brad has already established that with Rick and K-Mart. His knowledge of the system, and familiarity with Kevin's game will pay huge dividends from the onset. He's a great passing big, who can knock down shots, play tough D, and board his position. What else could we ask for?

12. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

We should pay Rick for those dinners. Damn it WHY DIDN'T WE PAY RICK TO HAVE DINNER WITH BOSH?

13. crocktees

crocktees Member

Was thinking more liquor wise... but whatever it takes my man.

14. mazinger

mazinger Member

We needed to pay for him to have dinner with Lebron and Wade too to get Bosh.

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Texans = old broncos

Rockets = old kings

1 person likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ditto. This deal makes Hill very expendable, he's going to get no PT behind Miller, Hayes, and Patterson. It's a shame because he does deserve the PT, he should be sent to Philly.

17. osa420

osa420 Contributing Member

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the money. It's not like it's a contract where they'll be stuck with him.

18. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i dont know what it is .. but you get it

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Actually thinking about it, 5 million is not bad at all for Miller. You seen the contract Haywood got from Dallas, would you rather pay someone that much to be a backup of his caliber? Tyson Chandler was a one year solution if he ended up in Houston, then we will be back at this point in 2011 looking for a backup C. Its a good signing for a good price.

Plus you guys overrate Deke, the guy did not touch the floor at all unless Yao was hurt or you wanted to argue calls off the bench.

20. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Maybe he meant a 3 million dollar deal for 15 years