1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How abot trading Brooks to keep Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dakeem1, Jul 14, 2010.

1. sgwjj

sgwjj Member

it is time to shut up for you

2. albuster

albuster Member

Kidd and Rondo come to mind.

3. rockets018

rockets018 Member

I agree with a lot you have to say, but just to inform you. Next years draft is looking very, very weak.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Trade Brooks for C. Paul, D. Williams, D. Rose, J. Wall, R. Rondo, or S. Nash + Draft pick? Maybe. Otherwise, no way.

Why does everybody on this board seem to want to trade the Rockets' best player (that has actually played in the last year)?

If we can get a superstar in return, then sure, let's make a trade. But why would we trade just to trade? We are not desperate. I am not so sure your proposal to trade Brooks, Ariza, and Battier (essentially a "star" and 2 starters) for Granger and Ford makes us a better team. If Granger is such a superstar, then why is his team so terrible?

5. Nero

Nero Member

Threads like this make Clutch the Bear cry

6. AggieRocketsFan

1. You only trade for Granger if you get to keep AB. AB/Martin/Granger/Stretch 4/Yao would be unstoppable.

2. New Orleans won't be interested in getting AB for CP3 seeing as they have an even better rising star in Darren Collison.

7. PTH

PTH Member

Like this?

[​IMG]

8. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

still not understanding why people are so quick to give up mighty mouse. do not want to hear his stock is high as it's going to get. that sentiment is growing tiresome. no one, including myself, know what he will do next season.

i do know that he carried us on his back while yao was out.

9. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

funny thread.

10. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

We would only trade Aaron Brooks in a package for CP3. If we have CP3, then Melo will follow. Rox big 3 Yao-Melo-Paul then we could all die happy. :p

11. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

We keep talking about all our assets.... but do you really think everyones number will be just as good or continue to grow with a healthy YAO everyones stats on our team last year is inflated due to Yao being out and we must cash in while everyone stock is soooo high.... Granger is as good a star we will ever get for AB granger and martin are lights out and lowry and ford can create for them all day

12. devin23

devin23 Member

I still don't see what the big deal is with brooks. He had a good statistical season because yao was out. With yao back, he'll probably average around 15 pts, 3 rebounds and 5 assists (maybe even less assists, since yao will slow down the offense). That's better than getting granger??? You guys are nuts. I'd keep either battier or ariza for defensive purposes though.

13. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

NO reason at all to trade Brioks

14. slickricky

I agree with you man and we could change one of them for CBUD but I really like CBUD's potential... and i gave ariza instead because i think he would be pist coming off the bench after he left the lakers for a chance to start and be the man... Battier's expiring is what makes him a must to include

15. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

DO NOT TRADE BROOKS!..........at least not yet. :)

16. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

For god sake, everyone knows how good Brooks is on this forum, based on last season WITHOUT YAO.

His value will decrease once he plays along side Yao. I lvoe the kid, and I love his personality, but a true rockets fan puts the team before the player. It is best for the team to take advantage of Lowry's $6M contract which is cheap for a starter. This would leave Brooks with his inflated value to be traded.

I would like to take back what i said in the OP about backup C's and PG's. I was thinking so much about need, but the criticism on this thread is fair to the point that we only trade Brooks for equal or more value. That being said, I don't buy the argument that we shoul never trade Brooks because hep layed well last season. He will not have a season as statistically great as last. Not with Yao on the court.

17. slickricky

unless we could get someone from your sig!!!! hahah i think it is a must to do it now because there is no way he is a CP3 or deron his physical limitations prevent him from it.... so basically he reached his peak maybe his offense numbers could go up but what ever he is getting on offense will be given up defensively

18. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

U PeoPle are CrAzY!!! Brooks served his purpose(last year) as a scorer. We dont need that this year, because we have martin(for the whole year), ariza(who is a spot up shooter) will play better with yao, and hopefully still scola but if not some good young pf's. Lowery brings something different to the game than just offense.

Getting granger would not be a bad idea(it's actually a great idea) but that's way to many people to give up for him. Pacers are hurting for a pg. i doubt they will ask for a point and a whole bench.

19. Dei

Dei Member

I'd trade him and either Martin or Budinger for an All-Star swingman that can play defense.

20. slickricky

Agreed we must get what we can from him now and hand the starter keys to Kyle who I am sure wont disappoint the kid is a bull who is dying to lead/start i can guarantee he will average 8 or more assists!!! brooks plus battier and a PICK can land us GRANGER!!!!