1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF we lose Lowry, these are our FA options...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eric.81, Jul 14, 2010.

1. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

same here.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Earl Watson is a free agent. He is a very good defender and is a good playmaker. Bit old, but this team is in win now mode.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Remember when a lot of posters wanted Earl Watson?

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He would be an ideal backup 1

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If we lose out on KLow, which I doubt, then either Shaun Livingston or Jason WHITE CHOCOLATE Williams. Seriously, why not? He already knows the system and isn't the flash PG he was when he first played for SAC. Plus, who doesn't want to see this happen to our Houston Reporters:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y9Jg3SJDLCQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y9Jg3SJDLCQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    :grin:

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm starting to agree with DaDakota. Our best option seems to be this: make a trade for Sessions, sign Shaun Livingston (or Patrick Mills or Acie Law) as a #3 PG, and we work on bringing Llull in for the 2011-2012 season.

Frankly, this whole thread will probably be moot within 7 days, becuase I do think we'll match the Lowry offer sheet. For no other reason than that list I posted is absolutely dreadful, and I'd take Kyle over any of those guys every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Money be damned.

7. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Livingston is the first one...and Sessions in a trade is the second...he may be expendable coz Minny are goin after Ridnour...i really don't know why they're stacking up with so many PG with Rubio already coming next year.

8. Prince

Prince Member

In Morey We Trust

9. eric.81

Not to get too "NBA Dish" here, but I think you answered your own question. They're stacking up on point guards because they're finally realizing that Rubio ISN'T coming next year... I'd bet the farm he never puts on a TWolves jersey.

10. Tornadoofsoul6

11. eric.81

On the bright side, this moves us one step closer to being "forced" to match the offer sheet.

12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Ridnour, Watson, and Bynum are all perfectly acceptable backup point guards that I'd love to have (especially Ridnour), it would just be a matter of 'is the price right'? I wouldn't throw the MLE at anyone on that list, and would only throw a part of the MLE if we could still nab a backup C with the other part.

I too have an Acie Law mancrush, as I was an Aggie for his brilliant final two campaigns there. I would totally take him, but probably more for sentiment than because he's shown anything as an NBA player.

13. psingh34

psingh34 Member

sessions may even be an upgrade to lowry.. remember almost no one (including me ) was happy when we got lowry, and now we dont wanna see him leave .. i think this might be some sort of a trade where we get trade exception and maybe use it to trade for another player

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

T.J. Ford could be available via trade rather easily. That would be worth exploring, other than that livingston would not be a terrible pickup either.

Doesnt really matter because we will match the Cav's offer. I would bet they will try and wait till the last moment so that they might be able to find out what Scola will be offerred too to find out what they have to spend on Brad Miller.

They would probably like to stay as close to the cap as possible and not overspend if they can avoid it. If its next monday and nobody has extended offers to Scola, The Rockets match Lowry's offer and live with the results.

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

You and me both, brother!

He's been on teams that dont need point guards. He's played with Atlanta (behind Bibby), in GState (behind Monta and Curry), in Charlotte (behind felton), and in Chicago (behind Rose).

He's an above-average defender, he's quick, and has shown that he can hit clutch shots (at least in college ball). He hasn't gotten much of an opportunity to show what he can do at the NBA level.

See clip at 2:04
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsLt5evm6FI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LsLt5evm6FI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hyz-G9ZSwY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hyz-G9ZSwY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Look what Livingston did in his last month and a half of the season, once he got comfortable. I loved this kid before his terrible injury, and i didn't think he would ever be the same player, but having watched the Wiz late last year (I live in DC), Livingston is worth signing to a reasonable contract.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd say go for either Will Bynum or Acie Law.

Law is a pretty decent shooter and should be decent in the PG role.
    Bynum is also pretty good as well...

18. Houston_Rockets

I am the first guy to say Livingston is the best player available, the question is, how is his body, every time I watch this video, man...., It´s hard....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0hE4BSH5jBE&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0hE4BSH5jBE&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He is as young as they come, 25, but he will never be explosive after that injury, but damm, a 6-7 PG??? Matchup problems every night, and he is a smart guy, with the ability to post-up, and dish quite effectively

PeAcE

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Damn bro. I had almost put this image out of my head. thanks for the reminder :(

20. Houston_Rockets

I am sorry bro, let´s end up on a positive note

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTefU7co6Eg&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dTefU7co6Eg&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HE´S BACK BABY!!!

PeAcE