1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(really?)Houston Rockets Close In On Brad Miller?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Will Chandler re-sign to play back-up for back-up money?

2. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

what about shot blocking by the way?

3. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Seems like a bit of a disappointing move, but last season, everytime we played against him, he ate our lunch. I remember being pissed because how can this old washed up white dude eat our lunch? But he did. I think it's a good move for DM & the Rox.

4. joesr

joesr Member

question is how much

5. monster

monster Member

I'll take it, assuming the $/yrs are right. I think it would be premature to go out and get a high dollar backup. If Yao isn't able to come back well enough, then we will go out and spend some money on a center. I think this would be a smart move. Not sexy, but smart.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Jermaine O'Neal signed for as little as the mid-level exception for only two years. There is no reason Tyson Chandler wouldn't want to stay in a winning system and a winning franchise to do his self a favor. With Yao's health uncertain, who said he will only be a back-up? After all, our backup SF earns close to 7 million a year and wouldn't be more valuable than Tyson would be to our team.

7. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Vomit, just another piece to make us even more average. Why bother with this pointless move?

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He is an upgrade over David Andersen. Unless he wants to go to Miami to get a ring, coming to Houston makes a lot of sense for him.

10. Yaowza!

Yaowza! Member

Miller is not a defensive stopper like Mt Mutumbo but he knows the offense well and will create space when Yao is out. He had some good minutes with the Bulls as I remember last year. He is a hustler and seems to be coming up with loose balls and key shots. Not bad. He makes Anderson redundant though. Wonder how he will like that?

11. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Isn't Chandler making $12 million this year? Seems like that would complicate trading for him.

At that much salary I'm assuming the Rockets would be on the lower side of that in terms of the trade because they wouldn't want to give up any premium assets.

So if they only send out $10 million in salary doesn't that mean that the $2 million gap becomes $4 million due to luxury tax?

I wouldn't hold my breath for Chandler - doesn't seem like a Morey move given that he also has a lot of question marks.

Miller for 2 years at a low price seems like a Morey move.

12. htown88

htown88 Member

Brad would be a nice player for the team.... get it done

13. PeppermintCandy

That Tyson Chandler trade with Toronto would not be a good deal for Charlotte. Losing Diaw and Chandler is not worth it for Calderon.

For Houston, getting Chandler would have been a move similar to getting Artest two seasons ago. If it worked out, the Rockets would've gotten a big boost this year, but would have had the option of evaluating him before getting into a long-term commitment.

And all it would have cost Houston was Jeffries's expiring. Not bad.

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

I think Miller could help Yao learn the high post game. If Yao's going to last a bit (a la Ilgauskas), I think that's how he's going to have to play. Heck, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of signing Brad Miller. The Adelman offense will be fun to watch when it's working Princeton-style.

It's our team D that will dictate how far we go in the playoffs. Hopefully Jordan Hill will wake up by then...

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

...because Jordan Hill is our sleeping giant. If he wakes up, gets some snap, we might just beat the Lakers. Surely AB is having wet dreams about Fisher and Blake.

16. txtodd

txtodd Member

He can take the ball out of the net as well as any big we had last year...

17. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

B Miller would be a good backup C option for us.

There no other available Cs out there that Morey is willing to give up assets for at this time. Accept that people! Stop posting 5 player trade ideas and saying what a player should want to do. We have a good deep team as is, and adding a player like B Miller would make us better.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If people would take off their Three Kings glasses, they would see how adding Miller would put us in the contender picture moreso than Miami.

19. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Just let Hill backup at center. Miller will NOT improve our team enough to make any sort of impact. Give Hill/PP more playing time so they can improve their game for when we actually make a good move to improve the team.

20. vince

vince Member

I've liked Miller's style of play for about 10 years now - I still remember when the Rockets ALMOST got him before he left Chicago. It would be nice to have him playing on this group of Rockets. He's an excellent outside shooter and is a smart smart player.

From what I've seen of Jordan Hill, he still needs to work on his game to keep up with the level the Rockets anticipate having.

Yao/Miller/Hill are a good center trio, Yao is a back to the basket guy, Miller is a position and super outside shooter, while Hill is an athletic big that should only be getting exponentially better this season.