1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which backup center do you make the trade for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShakeFTW, Jul 11, 2010.

Tags:
?

Which Center do you make the trade for?

1. Jeff Foster

13 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. Nazr Mohammad

6 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Tyson Chandler

118 vote(s)
    28.0%
  4. Joel Pryzbilla

35 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Emeka Okafor

96 vote(s)
    22.7%
  6. Andris Biedrins

35 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Samuel Dalembert

26 vote(s)
    6.2%
  8. Marcin Gortat

81 vote(s)
    19.2%
  9. Other

12 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I saw no love for FA Kyrylo Fesenko or the Clips' DeAndre Jordan. They would be cheap to acquire, and they are young, athletic, tall and strong.

2. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DeAndre Jordan is actually not a bad suggestion. One unfortunate thing about signing a backup center on this team is that you need to also be comfortable with him starting, because Yao's health is such a mystery.

3. Rocketfanatic2

Acquiring Jordan would be pretty sweet. He's all those characteristics you mentioned. He's also a pretty darn good free throw shooter. ;)

4. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think Tyson could be a good fit, but the trade seem died in the last few days. :(

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I would love to add Gortat or Chandler but it would depend on how much they want for them. I wouldn't give up any major assets to get them Hill or Patterson and maybe one of our picks (not the knicks)

Emeka Okafor would be perfect, but he just makes too much money for his production.

Pryzbilla's injury seems to be a major one, so I don't think he's an option

7. tandrus

tandrus Member

Clips think highly of DeAndre Jordan. Kid has worlds of potential. There is no way they would let him go easy.

8. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Nazr Mohammad had the highest PER of all the Centers on the poll last year...

...and the least votes...

-------------------------

Chandler is gone to Dallas.

Don't have a clue who the Rockets go after now...

9. matac3

matac3 Member

I was wondering if we had Shaq and Yao play at the same time.
    Run a 2-3 with shaq and yao at the post similar to Sampson and Hakeem

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Tyson Chandler or Brad Miller, would be best case scenarios, both could instantly be impactful starters in case Yao is not ready to go.

Biedrins is a good fit, but he might be expensive, so is Okafor.

Not sure about Fasenko and Jordan, but if they could be acquired for very little, they'd be good investments, not too risky.

Shaq would actually be a good fit for the Rockets, if Yao Ming was injured or temporarily down. He might be liability on defense, but offensively (though not to Adelman's strategy, he fits with other players very well. Kevin Martin, Ariza, and Brooks would see their effectiveness exponentially increase, as Scola or Hill would be ideal clean up men next to Shaq. Scola's outside shooting and diverse offense or Hill's athleticism and energy would make a formidable matchup. I even think Hayes would do well (even more so around) Shaq, than possibly Yao. If the 93-05 version of Shaq were playing for the Rockets last year, or this upcoming season (let's if Yao was injured or something). The Rockets would be d#mn near unstoppable, right now.

The Orlando or early LA version of Shaq teaming up with deadly shooters Kevin Martin and Aaron Brooks (who is also speedster).

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I change my vote to Andris Biedrins. :grin:

12. LOYALBJ

LOYALBJ Member

Bosh-->Jefferson-->Chandler-->Dampier-->Miller-->???

what a nice summer,DM,who is the next?

13. valorita

valorita Member

D. Jordan + 2nd round pick

for

Chase Bud.

*Flame suit on* :eek: