1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get off the tantrum train, give the Heat props.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Xerobull, Jul 9, 2010.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Exactly. Very well said.

2. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

I hear ya Xerobull on the OP.

All I got is this:

Pat Riley: Miami Heat :: Al Pacino : Milton, Chadwick & Waters

3. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Heat got lucky by playing a stupid strategy. Chicago, NYK, NJN, LAC did the same. It also required that they gambit their last few seasons and their future if the lost. Riley is not a genius, he just benefited from the collusion by the allstars, which frankly should be illegal.

1 person likes this.
  4. 9495

9495 Member

Exactly. If anyone, Wade is the genius. He is the leader of the 3.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I agree. I was answering your question...so we're in agreement.

...But the majority opinion around here is that we did 'lose' Bosh. Just look at the threads in the GARM, and in this forum. Just like NY 'lost' LBJ. In fact, the only teams that lost anything were Cleveland and Toronto. And that's their bad for not being smart enough to work out a S&T last year.

Optima spera. Ad pessima para. Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.

I agree with this somewhat...watching tonight's big Heat celebration. He was in the middle. LBJ looked very relieved on his right. It's what LBJ has needed all along. Another star of the same caliber.

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I have no problem stating my dissatisfaction with these guys teaming up in a Yankee like fashion and especially when it was done the way it was done. The way I feel about what took place has nothing to do with us losing out on Bosh. I'm a fan of players like Jordan, Barkley, Kobe and Reggie who didn't run and get help from other superstars when they were in their prime. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes you end up with nothing. Lebron could've easily went to Chicago and been the man or signed a three year deal in Cleveland to give it one last shot at winning in his home town. To me the guy gave up trying to prove his greatness and that is a little bit disappointing to me. I want to see the best play against the best instead of playing with each other. If I look at it from only the going to the Heat aspect, I can respect the actual decision Lebron made to go play with his boys in Miami and I don't really fault him, but in the end i just feel like it's a big let down.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Mr. Xerobull, I sincerely thank you for posting this thread!!

Here I thought I was the only guy left on this board that respects the NBA and its players!!!

8. 9495

9495 Member

This kind of combination has never happened before, considering their talent and age. If anything, it's a big experiment. We will see...

I got the feeling that Lebron initially staged the "announcement" to stay in Cleveland or going somewhere else, but changed his mind in the last minute. Otherwise, it's stupid thing to do - making a big fuss about himself being a "follower"?! What irony, extremely narcissist but realizing he needs others (wade and bosh) to succeed?

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I don't know. He's a type-a personality who recognizes the need to market his brand. A bit of ego, but damn, what's wrong with that when you're at the top of your field?

10. Raven

Raven Member

I don't care that they hooked up together. I'm just disgusted in how they did it. It's like they went out of their way to be as classless as possible.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

How do the Heat deserve props for being in the right place at the right time...?

12. txtodd

txtodd Member

LeFollower made the fun, easy life kinda choice. Fits his front-running childhood of being a Cowboys and Yankees fan, not Browns and Indians.

It would have hurt us, but wanted to see him in NY with Amare. LeBron/Amare vs Wade/Bosh vs Dwight Howard/fake all stars vs Rose/Noah/Boozer vs Rondo and the Big 3. Great Eastern Conference competition for years.

Now I think the whole season (and the next few actually) will be about who'll win the finals - Lakers or Heat. Boring.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Fixed.

14. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

If Lebron goes to NYK, Lakers win the next couple titles minimum - at least they have some potential competition now. Plus our draftpicks would've gone to hell.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Ultimately, all that happened is two guys changed where they work. Happens all the time (though not usually in the form of an hour-long special).

It's sort of like three major geeks (who refer to themselves in the third person) met at a trade show or industry conference and decided to go work together on a big, slightly risky project.

16. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Yes. These guys are giving up millions because they want to win a championship, so they deserve props. We criticize when a player seems more interested in making extra millions than he does in winning, so this is kind of refreshing. This is the way the system is set up, and they're not doing anything wrong by taking advantage of it and pooling their talents. From a Rockets fan's perspective, it's kind of a bummer that this team will instantly be a contender, but you've got to give Miami and these players credit. Anything else is just sour grapes.

17. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Yeah, THAT"S what a basketball player's ego should be about, his brand. Not, you know, being the best damn player or trying to beat your rivals, being liked is what matters. :rolleyes:

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Thank you for this thread....alot of sour grapes going around. I am excited for the NBA.

Side note: this all could of been avoided if::
    1. Cavs traded JJ.Hickson for Amare at the deadline
    2. Bosh went to Cleveland.

OH WELL ....I hope they break all the Bulls records.