1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hill will be better than Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haoafu, Jul 9, 2010.

1. mamojama

mamojama Member

Uhhhh...rookie? And...two different systems in one season?

2. worzel gummidge

package hill and those knicks picks as quickly as possibly.

3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

So far Patterson looks better than Hill in the 1st summer league game. Hill is young and can improve but better than Bosh that's crazy.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Hill doesn't look anywhere close to 270 lbs.

5. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

PHAt pat shooting 3's son!

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The title of this thread should be Patterson will be better than Bosh. :grin:

7. redao

redao Member

After this first summer game, I think it is no question. Hill is better than Bosh.

8. Laozi

Laozi Member

I'd like to write off a lot of what I didn't like about Hill last year to the fact that he was a really raw player in his second system as a rookie. Hill didn't get the advantage of grinding it through camp with the vets and getting the chance to find where his game meshes with theirs. Being comfortable with his surroundings hopefully will make the difference in him realizing some more of his potential. Truthfully, behind Yao, I'd take the same Hill they had last year if he were just more developed physically. A stronger Hill would have more of an impact around the basket and it seems likely the discipline in the weight room would transfer to practice.

9. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

Hill definitely has potential....but it takes a hard work ethic to make that potential a reality. At best I can see Hill as a Buck Williams type of player, not too shabby, eh?

10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

well... now that bosh is playing with wade and james... we may never really know. those guys will make bosh look 10000000000000000000000000 times better!

:mad:

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

24 and 10, how much better or they going to make him look. And the issue to me is defense. I want Hill to be able to guard the other teams bigs while Yao takes long rests. It doesn't look good so far. But of course it is only one summer league game. But Dorsey looked like a monster last year.

12. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I agree, his game resembles more Zo than Bosh by a long shot. If he becomes a poor man's Zo, we should be really happy. But watching him play, it becomes obvious the guy is never going to dominate offensively. He simply does not have the basketball skill or knowledge or body coordination it takes to be a scorer in this league. But he can be a great rebounder (already has a big nose for the ball) and a good defender/shot blocker. To expect any more from him is to set yourself up for disappointment.

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Patterson will be. I think he will be on Boshs level in scoring. Harder to defend though with three range.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

:grin:

The title of this thread should actually be Patterson will be better than Hill .

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

You think Patterson can get 24?

Probably on a team where he is the main guy; but PP will be lucky to get 13 (at least his rookie season).

I mean, keep in mind, he still has to share minutes with Scola and Hill.

16. TxCowboy96

TxCowboy96 Member

Personally I really want to keep Hill and I think he will really become a good player - he just needs to be given the opportunity. Personally I rather Hill over Bosh anyday - we don't need any cocky showboating player. Hill is a bit hungry - I really liked what I saw from the little time he played with us last year and I am really excited that he is with us. And seriously - if you watch his tweets he is always talking about hitting the gym. And it was even posted somewhere - he was one of the most active Rockets still in town working on his game. Thats the guy I want - someone who is hungry and really wants to improve. Seriously I think having Yao and Hill next to each other is gonna cause some serious problems down the road for the opposing teams.

Hill is one player I dont want to give up. I have no problem getting rid of Jefferies or others. But Hill is a no no - he is young and he can be taught and he WILL improve.

17. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

I really have to agree with Barkley on this one. Stats per 48 minutes are a joke. There is a reason why a player isn't getting more minutes.

1 person likes this.
  18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats what I meant. Becasue Bosh was overrated as the best scorer on a team that had no other stars and played no defense with an offense that featured him so much. Patterson on that level of scoring but he wont get as much on the Rockets. Not the first year at least. His production will be like what Boshs would be if he came here. Eventaully he will score around 18 points a game i think or more.

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

I think we should make more threads saying that Jordan Hill sucks ass, and is all local Houston hype just so he can work harder, and don't lead us to failed high expectations of him. the game i seen him play in i was impressed though, i cant even lie about it, but im just curious as to what his future is like.

20. anchel

anchel Member

We won't need him as Bosh, we need him as Otis Thorpe. This is a very important year for him. Must get weight and toughness in the post.