1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How soon can Patrick Patterson contribute?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stew015, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Stew015

Stew015 Contributing Member

I truly think he is going to be our Carl Landry 2.0. I love his work ethic and rebounding.

His blue collar mentality will fight right in with our guys. I think we got an absolute steal at 14.

My question is what are your expectations for him year 1? I think he gives us 10-15 min a game and does a little bit of everything.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he can keep hitting that 3pt shot like he did in Vegas, right away.

The Rox could really use a smart, athletic, strech PF.

DD

3. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

Pretty much what you said, probably 15 minutes a game, I think he'll put up 5 pts and close to 4 rebounds a night.

4. kona-

kona- Member

Yah, he looked pretty good.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Rebounding? Defense?

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

damn.. can't wait to see him play.. gonna be in Vegas on Sunday. woohoo

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

WAY to soon to tell but he looked VERY promising.

8. Stew015

He just looked very clam out there, didn't seem to be in any kind of rush. I think thats what you get from guys who play a few years in college.

It's funny, as soon as we traded for Martin, Morey assured us he would replace Landry within the draft. Hats off to DM, because thus far Patterson looks to be a spitting image.

I just love our team, I love how we get little to no respect from the main stream media. It's so easy to follow and watch the team that works the hardest night in and night out.

Guys like Patterson/Lowry/Battier/Hayes aren't the most talented guys in the world, but they more than make up for it with their relentless work ethic.

Patterson will fit right in on this team.

9. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

this.. until he can prove he can do these I'd rather not see the layup fest we had to live through last year

10. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

Can we stop calling Pat as Landry 2.0? Patterson is Patterson; Landry is Landry.

11. windz

windz Member

[​IMG]

right away baby right away...

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

How about real soon...

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba_gameinfo_player&videoId=games/suns/2010/07/09/1521000002_hou_phx_play2.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba_gameinfo_player&videoId=games/suns/2010/07/09/1521000002_hou_phx_play2.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

13. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

I believe Patterson will have a better rookie season than some of you think. I'm not basing that on this one SL game either.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Why limit him to Landry potential? Landry couldnt shoot threes and finish at the basket with as much potential as Patterson can. Not as tall and couldnt play defense real well or rebound that good. Patterson the book is out still.

As for his minute. Adelman really decides that no matter how good he is we know Adelmand takes a long time to insert players regardless of talent once he gets comfortable with his veterans. He is set in his ways in that regard. Patterson would have to have alot of great games just to supplant the backups under Adelmans ways. If Adelmans played the best at all time sand who could get him the wins? He would probably think of starting Patterson at some point this season or playing behind Scola with alot of minutes similar to Landry is he was good enough. Again? Its Adelman. Gonna take some time.

15. Stew015

It's a comparison man. For the people who weren't able to see Patterson play thats who he reminds me of. Don't take it so personal. I'm trying to relate to the people.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Patterson is nothing like Landry...

Very, very different players...

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

To soon to tell, but he does seem promising. He most certainly is talented, the guy was one of the top prospects coming out of high school class.

However I want to see him improve on his rebounding in the next game... :eek:

--RB

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Now everyone understands why Morey was trying to move up the draft to get Patrick Patterson and was surprised he was available still at 14th. I know it's just 1 game but a player with that talent, physique and shooting touch then add commitment, passion and hardwork...hence, success.

19. Stew015

I like getting these guys who played a few years in college. They seem to have be more NBA ready from a mental stand point, and I think that sometimes goes overlooked by some.

20. towW

towW Member

Now. Depends on if he can consistently hold his man on defense. So far so good. Also depends on how much Coach Adelman trusts him and how much time is available.