1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A More Pertinent Question: Reffing the Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tofu--, Jul 8, 2010.

1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I've been thinking how this team is gonna be reffed.

They're essentially a three player team. They can't really sign any other decent players due to cap space restrictions. The Wade/Lebron duo are drive-heavy, travel happy, and perhaps even crab-dribble inclined. They're used to getting calls all go there way. The Wade/Lebron/Bosh trio are superstars in a completely different stratosphere than the Boston team was.

So the question now becomes-- are we going to be seeing a lot more of the refs letting them get away with things? With the state (or joke) that the refereeing situation is in the NBA, how are they going to manage this beast? Certainly they can't be calling every little thing these All-Stars do-- if they fouled out every other game or had to sit, why, there goes tons of money. At the same time, if they let them get away with too much superstar stuff, you bet that all other teams and their coaches are going to be complaining until the lockout.

So what do you think? How should this team be handled?

2. rocketswinitall

just like the lakers, they will get every call

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Gonna be a nightmare for everyone. Including the Lakers now. We will be hearing the Lakers fans the loudest this season cry the hardest once it happens to them now. Its too predictable now.

4. clippy

clippy Member

This has to be their worst nightmare. Lebron & Wade for the 5-peat.

5. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

as long as kobe doesnt win anymore im happy, i hope retires bitter because he could never get 6 rings.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

it is. i was dealing wit Lakers fan already crying the hardest last night when it was leaked Miami was creating the superteam. They already began trashing him, Wade, and Bosh allnight. Saying they could beat them because of lack of depth. I am not sure about that. Depth will surround Championship contenders if you are almost a sure thing like they are.

7. pli777

pli777 Member

I wonder if Riley will now decide to coach again.

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

they don't even need the other two players.. you thought the heat got the calls in the finals? we ain't seen nothing yet.

9. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Individually, yes these three guys are quite amazing compared to Bostons big three were....aside from KG, he is by far and a long shot better than Bosh will ever be.

But bostons big three just messed soooo perfectly. You had pierce who was a bruiser in the post and a mid range sniper who could take the odd 3 if he was open or feeling it. Ray allen who, haha, we all know know's how to just shoot the lights out from 3 and could probly score 40 points without ever stepping passed the arc on a good night. KG just makes teams better on defense, the intensity he brings effects everyone and the entire chemistry and grit of a team. Lets not forget the little guy too, the hard nosed PG that is Rajon Rondo who just keeps getting more awesome. All three of these guys brought an amazing package to that team, it was perfectly mapped out.....now miami.

Lebron = drive happy, inconsistent shooter.
    d-wade = drive happy, inconsistent shooter.
    Bosh = a perimeter powerforward who sucks ass at defense.

no outside shooters, defensive presence, or tough gritty bruisingly tough guy. Sure we'll see some highlight chase down blocks, some posters and foul shots. but their bodies aren't gonna hold through 100 games of driving and going hard at the rim. Look at Kobe he's on a complete team that has every piece around him and his body is falling apart 3 finals appearances later and he has a complete offensive arsenal that doesn't involve too much attacking the basket. People expect these guys to win multiple back to backs? I don't think so. I can still a team like the orlando magic or even the celtics beating these guys in a best of 7.

I expect these guys to be as consistent as Barkleys golf swing next year.