1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

espn insider Rashard Lewis may not have a problem with Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ckrdkjr, Aug 30, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

saw that title on espn. could someone with insider tell what they are talking about. or if already posted could some one point me to the link

2. TraJ

TraJ Member

I don't have ESPN Insider either, but I take it that the gist is that Lewis would gladly sign in Houston for the right amount of money. Then again, I'm beginning to think he'd sign with the Cleveland Rockers for the right amount of money.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I believe this was posted already saying that Rashard would play here if a sign and trade were done but the Rockets would not give up Griffin (a stipulation from Seattle's end) for him.

4. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

I think all insider does is get information from various newspapers around the country that people in a certain region don't have direct access to. If you want to know something about, say Rasheed Wallace, just look up a Portland newspaper. That's where they get their "insider" info from.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lewis link

For those of us too lazy to click....

Teams wait while Lewis considers options

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

SEATTLE -- Rashard Lewis wants more money. The Seattle SuperSonics want to trade him. The Dallas Mavericks still want him.

But, according to a report in the Tacoma News Tribune, it's not coming together all that easily.

The Sonics are offering Lewis a seven-year, $60 million deal. According to the newspaper, Lewis and agent Carl Poston haven't signed a contract with either the Sonics or the Mavericks (who have offered $15 million over three seasons) because they hope a sign-and-trade deal can be worked out to get Lewis up to an additional $15 million over the life of the deal, if Lewis makes the All-Star team every year.

But according to NBA collective bargaining agreement rules, no other team except the Sonics can offer Lewis as much as a 25 percent incentive-based kicker -- which Lewis would receive for being an All-Star.

According to the News Tribune, the Sonics have made calls around the league looking to do a sign-and-trade deal, but haven't put together a package. One proposed deal had the Sonics and Houston making a deal involving Eddie Griffin, who averaged 8.8 points, 5.7 rebounds and 1.84 blocks in his rookie season. The Rockets, however, don't want to deal Griffin.

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Lewis does'nt blow my sucks off!!Really!!Too many superstars now in our Rosters and I would rather bring a veteran, someone who is specializing on the defensive side.Like Rusell fro the Jazz!!