1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to work on getting Carmelo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Broussard was on Mike & Mike this morning and was asked about James to New York and how they add Carmelo to that team next year.

He said that it might be hard, because if he gets traded to a team like "Houston" and win a championship, then it would be hard to ask him to leave Houston.

I think Morey should go to plan B and try to trade for Melo, if not now, then hopefully by the trade deadline.

2. Prince

Prince Member

I'm sure we will face LA in teh WCF if we get Melo.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

If carmelo doesnt sign an extension then he may be had at the deadline or in free agency next summer i would love to have him here

4. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

I'd be for that. but HIGHLY doubt he would want to come here.

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, it was supposed to be hard for LeBron to leave Cleveland, too. Winning isn't everything to NBA players anymore. They want to be celebrity's and rock stars.

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

Let's get excited about another star that has no desire to play in Houston :D

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

nah, not really.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Why would Broussard say Houston?

9. htownrocketman

The problem with this is no top tier free agent would want to come to Houston when there is always a question mark about Yao's durability... Even I as a huge Rockets fans have my doubts...

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Why does he ALWAYS seem to say Houston?

11. thatpvdude

thatpvdude New Member

I would love to see Carmelo in Houston. Yao, Luis, Melo, K-Mart, AB tell me thats not a WC champ team this year. The bench is Sac bench mobb good with Jhill or PatPat shane, or TA, CBud, JT, and Klow7. Thats a beautiful "TEAM" we could possibly go 10 deep. With our coaching staff, D Morey, and Mr. Alexander with Melo that could put us at the top of the west and the league. We could have an inside out game, power game, run n gun, defensive team the options are endless. Let's say we do trade we could trade Jared Jeffries and/or Shane maybe David Anderson expiring contracts and 2 #1 picks. Morey please get Melo!!!! Oh and Houston would become a new ESPN spot and also we would sellout Toyota Center for many years. This would benefit Melo and Houston for years to come.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Rumor was he was about to sign an extension with Denver, regardless the guy will either stay or go to NY...lets move on.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

MELO2HOUSTON! That would be awesome!

14. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

5 stars. I have now upgraded your thread to 2 stars. Enjoy.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Broussard+superstar rumors=poop on Houston fan face

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Because the Rockets are a good "EXAMPLE"

-He was also referring to Melo being a one year rental until he was a free agent so he could sign in New York. It would give Denver the ability to get some young talent/picks to rebuild so they dont loss him for nothing. Melo most likely stays for the money. But if he has his sights set on New York, I dont believe Morey is interested in a one year rental unless he gets a good sign he would sign an extension.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Do you suppose it's too early to put up Melo2Houston.com?

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Let's do it clutch. What have we got to lose anyway? Melo would be a perfect fit.

19. dcalvo

dcalvo Member

He wasn't winning anything with Cleveland...

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

It all comes back to Yao next year... IF he stays healthy whole year and does very well, then I am sure it will make Rockets more attractive for Melo.