1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN: Bosh does not want to play in Cleveland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyc913, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL, so true.

You should have seen this guy a few years back, he was a very cool guy. I guess he let fame get to his head, now he's full of himself.

I don't know how much he really cares about winning, no wonder he couldn't do shat in Toronto.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'd tend to agree. A matter of when, not if.

ESPN: Bosh does not want to play in Houston(no, ESPN did not really say that)

Unfortunate but appears true.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Toronto isn't going to accept what Miami has to offer and Bosh won't walk away from his extra cash. If Chicago doesn't agree to part with Noah in order to get Bosh then he won't go there either. It appears to me that Houston's chances are growing by the day.

4. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Miami is my guess. Toronto will cave and settles for a large TE and a couple of picks.

5. windz

windz Member

that's true but only for 6 years and only during NBA seasons.

i don't buy the small market bullcrap... everything is global now days. if bosh and lebron win a couple championships together, imagine how much more publicity/endorsement deals bosh will get.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly correct.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He's not full of himself if he doesnt want to live in Cleveland...he's gotta be there for at least 6 years. Cant blame him for not wanting that...I wouldnt want that.

You have to enjoy where you live...if you are miserable off the basketball court, its not worth it.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lebron staying with the cavs ups the chances of bosh choosing houston.

the raps and bulls cannot agree to a S&T deal that benefits both teams. and they don't have the cap space to sign 2 max guys outright.

so if wade goes to the bulls, they aren't an option for him, neither is the heat in that situation, nor is the knicks... seems like houston is the one left standing.

9. RedOctober67

RedOctober67 Member

10. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

If he goes to Miami, he is not going to have much of a team to play with, since they only have three players under contract right now...they say its a long shot he comes here, but somehow we landed Mcgrady back when he was the scoring champ, and we have Morey, so anything is possable.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Your are totally right, sir. Houston is still in the game and has the same chance just like other teams.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't see that at all.

I see that Bosh needs to make up his mind and then Toronto will try to get the best deal it can.

DD

13. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Big mistake by Bosh, a duo of James and Bosh would've been just as deadly as Bryant and Gasol. Oh well, good for Miami unless somehow Houston is still in the picture...

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

true but he has to make up his mind with the "blessing" of the Raptors IF he wants that 6th year and roughly extra 30 million which seems to be his biggest priority.

Bosh has to provide a list of teams in order of desire to play with and then Toronto has to work with those teams to build a package that is beneficial to them. So far Miami has nothing Toronto would would outside of its own pick next year and Chicago will not give up any of its main pieces. Houston has more to offer right now and has being in the Western Conference in their favor, BUT cannot offer a TPE in return, only an expiring and maybe the cash to buyout that player. It really depends on how much Toronto values that TPE. If Toronto would let that TPE expire than the expiring/cash buyout is the same thing IF Toronto is under the luxury tax.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yeah, if Bosh turns down an opportunity to play with LBJ and a 60-win team - and a chance to play with a potential 60-win team here as the No. 1 option - to play with Wade and 10 scrubs in South Beach, he's an idiot. Still have my doubts that he would fall for that, though...

16. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

if he truly doesn't want to go to cleveland then only nj and rox remain.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

He's not you or me - he's a basketball player that has to be in Cleveland from October to May/June, during which he'll be out of town roughly over a third of the time. His actual home can be anywhere he wants it to be, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't live in Toronto in the offseason now.

And moving past that, he isn't facing the prospect of living in an apartment downtown. He can get a lakefront mini-mansion, cash, with half of his first year's take home.

Tough life.

When he's turning down the full max, as well as being paired with James, as well as an automatic trip to at least the second round every year....he's completely full of himself.

And as much as I covet what he brings on the court, I'm starting to be very turned off by the idea of him on our roster. I've got no need for me-first-second-and-third guys on the team (See McGrady, T)

Evan

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I totally agree, it just seems that Bosh is being extremely wishy washy.....but that is admittadly from the outside perspective.

Honestly, I just wish he would say, I want to play in "X" city. And just get the process going.

Where I think Bosh is being obtuse, is not including Toronto from the jump, thus creating a bit of ill will (apparently) in their camp.

Oh well, hopefull all of this will be over this week...and we can get on with rooting for whomever is on the team.

BTW- a bit off topic, but I am really looking forward to your Summer league report.

DD

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I would bet the S&T that Toronto is looking for with Miami is a straight up salary dump of Calderon and Turkoglu going out with Bosh for a Huuuuuuge trade exception.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

He has shown no indication of wanting to come to Houston. Houston couldnt even get a formal interview with him. Not sure if that's saying much though. One day Houston is third on his list, and he's intrigued by playing with/next to Yao and playing with Aaron Brooks and the next day nada on Houston.