1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bosh Ultimatum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jzmagic, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

the contract offer is the max. everyone knows this.

as for the trade offer- why would the Rockets publicize this? In the very likely event that Bosh ends up somewhere else, the Rockets just straight up told players (players they now have to keep) that they are expendable. for no reason.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Sorry, but this is a horrible idea....waiting it out is Morey's plan because we arent his first choice....you dont give ultimatum's when you're not a top choice. We're like the not so popular kid in school who asks the popular girl out...how are we going to give her an ultimatum when she's still considering the football star and the basketball captain?

3. Nook

Nook Member

I seriously doubt it takes Bosh another week to decide. Once the first big domino falls (at the latest mid week) the rest will fall into place.

The Rockets gain nothing giving Bosh an ultimatum. The best bet for the Rockets is to Have James and Wade return to their former teams. Then Miami may not have the assets to do a S&T and Bosh may decide that the Rockets are more appeling than a Chicago team without LeBron and Wade.

Morey is not really missing out on anything by waiting.

4. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm done with the Bosh drama. Why keep the offer open for him so he can make more money for himself on another team?

This is a business people.

What do we lose from keeping the offer open?

For one, we're waiting solely on him. We can't make other trades in case it compromises our SnT proposal. How long is this drama going to last? For all we know, this could go on for another 2 weeks.

2 weeks is very valuable time to get something else done, while all attention is being focused on Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Amare.

5. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Because there is still a slim chance for us to get him.

6. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Do you buy lottery tickets because theres a slim chance at winning the jackpot?

Each passing day, the chances get slimmer, at someone point you need to realize when to move on.

7. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

It's not like we're paying a price for the waiting. We don't. So why not?

8. toby

toby Member

There is no way that the Rockets are waiting for Bosh to make a decision. There are other deals formulated and formulating as we type. Just cause the only thing you know about it Bosh doesn't make it the only thing on Morey's mind. It's 2010. People understand and utilize the concept of multitasking.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Nope, but I wouldn't flush a thousand lottery tickets given to me down the toilet because the lottery commission wouldn't move up the lottery to a more convenient time for me.

10. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Refer to my post you just quoted before.

We lose time and resources, to make a good trade when everyone's attention is focused on the big FAs.

11. Nook

Nook Member

First, we want Bosh to get a contract for 130 million if he does not sign with us. Why? it screws another teams cap situation, which helps us.

Second, players can't even sign contracts until July 8, 2010. We have not really waited for Bosh for long.

Third, there is nothing keeping Morey from talking to other free agents and teams about trades in the mean time.

Fourth, yes it could go on another two weeks.... but it VERY unlikely. Either Bosh is going to sign with Miami or Chicago and be coupled with Wade/James OR he will be dealt in a S&T. Toronto will not want to wait for two weeks, and I am sure Bosh already has a list of teams he would do a S&T with.

This whole thing will be over in a week....

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but trades can't be announced till the 8th anyways... right?

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If you're the underdog, you're in no position to issue an ultimatum.

Seriously, if we're 3rd or 4th on Bosh's list (but still in the running) and we issue an ultimatum, he'll just say "OK, bye!" We might as well just retract the offer.

14. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Lottery tickets aren't given out for free, you pay for them. And we're paying time and resources leaving the offer on the table for Bosh.

15. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

With due respect, it's hard for me to imagine this is the only thing Morey is doing.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Yes... you are correct sir

17. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Morey could very well be exploring other options, but nothing can be executed until Bosh's decision.

In regards to the July 8 period, verbal commitments can be made prior to that, so it's not really that of an important date.

18. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

south beach and riley's schlong are like hookers and cocaine to wade (ie. IRRESISTABLE). how could he possibly not go home, where his children live, to a better team, probably with boozer added to the mix?.. :confused:

if wade goes to chi-town, it's us or the nets for bosh. problem is that nets still stuck in jersey. lebron ain't leaving cleveland though, so maybe bosh changes his mind and does a sign and trade to cavs. miami definately could end up getting royally screwed.

#38 thegary, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  19. Dream Shake 81

Whatever happens in the end, if Bosh comes to Houston, Houston will be a very different team. We were all sad when we said goodbye to Landry, get ready to say goodbye to players we have all grown to love.

I felt this way when we traded for Barkley. The Rockets will move on to become a different team with different faces. I hope all rocket fans have learned to be less attached over the years.

20. Subliminal Shot

Subliminal Shot Contributing Member

An ultimatum is a horrible idea.

It's like like a little boy that has an outside chance with a girl for the prom and then gives her an ultimatum. It only simplifies the answer for the girl and you don't look calm, gathered, or attractive. You also loose rep as someone in control.

Chicago will kiss your ass and bake you a cake if you convince The Morey to issue an ultimatum. Houston is the place where he can get the most money with the best team surrounding him. You take that off the table and Chicago immediately fits that definition instead of us and he and toronto will announce a sign and trade to Chicago within 24 hours.

When you are the best option and you know it... you don't issue ultimatums, you wait until the free agent figures that out as well while you keep throwing your best marketing ideas at him.

Toronto is our friend. Unfortunately, Bosh's agent is not in our corner. Wait long enough and the situation might just be put in our friends hands.

In the mean time, and I don't mean this in a morally wrong lesson sort of way, keep yourself busy flirting with other attractive pros.

- The Houstonian and biggest Rockets fan in El Salvador

#40 Subliminal Shot, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010