1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Offical I dont want Chris Bosh Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Jul 4, 2010.

1. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

Just what are some of you guys definition of chemistry? I keep hearing we don't want to mess up our teams chemistry.

IMO chemistry=LA..........

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well some may not want him anymore but most do and so does Morey. Its only jilted by a girl syndrome going on in here. Some hot chick looks like she might turn us down so some of you are already in protect our ego mode and telling ourselves how we dont need her for x and y reasons. That wont change the fact that the Lakers are gonna pumel our front line later this year with rebounds and tip ins over our backs as the refs swallow the whistle. That wont change one bit. Also I am the type that was always persistant and if I was shut down by my target? A female or whatever? I kept on convincing until I got it. It didnt always work but boy you are glad when it does. If it doesnt help and he goes somewhere else? Nothing changed. You have to try to win though by trying to improve and not giving up until the fat lady sings. He hasnt signed anywhere yet so i am still in his camp. When he signs elsewhere? Begin the roast then. I will join in because then he will be the enemy. Until then he might be the next Rocket so give it a chance.

3. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

The man is a beast! A block a game!

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Charles is just stating the obvious. The majority of posters here are blinded by the star status that a Chris Bosh would bring. Not me. Bosh only scored 6-7 more points a season than Scola. Not enough to make a big difference between the two. Now don't get me wrong, we could use a talent like his on the team, but we just don't need him or any of the top FA's. Our team is stacked at every position except center. Just add a backup center and all is well.

5. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

all you guys that disparately want Bosh are the first ones that are going to start trade chris bosh threads...Change is good i agree but when we dont need change then why change...Sure this team hasnt won anything beside a 1st round victory vs the blazers...But this team hasnt been healthy enough to prove what it can do...With Yao being 100% and this group of players the Rockets are contenders sign a back-up center and watch out

Look at this years rockets with Yao and a backup center vs The Defending Champs Lakers roster

Fisher/Farmer vs. Brooks/Lowry advantage Rockets
    Bryant/Brown/Vuabitch vs. Martin/Budinger/Taylor advantage Lakers
    Artest/Walton/Morrison vs. Ariza/Battier/Jefferies advantage Rockets
    Gasoft/Odom/Powell vs. Scola/Hill/Patterson advantage no one
    Bynum/Mbenga vs. Yao/Miller/Hayes advantage Rockets

Ariza and Battier would give Kobe all the D he could handle and if you remember how Lamar Odom played vs the rockets in 2009 thats why i said advantage no one

and if you wanna add Steve Blake to the lakers roster AB took his lunch money too

6. been_exed

been_exed Member

I love this thread.

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I see a55 whooping when I look at this years Lakers and our Rockets. Frontline does the same thing. Gasol and Odom go over our shorter guys and get tip ins and the refs swallow the whistle as they go over our backs. They get opportunity after opportunity as our smaller frontline next to Yao in Scola and Patterson let Odom and Gasol play tip drill at the basket and the refs allow hand checking when we tip the ball to ourselves to try and secure it because we are shorter. So? Again. its more than scoring Bosh brings. Its a team concept of advantage in height and length like the Lakers who have the two softest cream puffs at center and powerforward but look like the Detroit Pistons because they are taller and longer than everyone else as a combo. Its not that they are tougher Gasol like Bosh is creampuff even more times. He is surrounded by size though and is allowed more because of it. Thats a team concept and not a Bosh concept that his signing brings beside the scoring and blocks.

8. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

yes exactly what i mean these fans that want Bosh are the same ones that loved Steve Francis because he was in a dunk contest sure having big names is cool but when you have big names and arent winning whats the point to have those big names...example Tracy McLady while he was making all-star games we were getting eliminated in the first round...I just cant help but to think of Chris Bosh as the next Tracy i just wanna WIN!!!!!

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfHOQAT0-Mk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Chemistry is what you saw two seasons ago in the playoffs. That chemistry that you can't seem to notice, took the Lakers to 7 games in the playoffs. 4 without Yao. That chemistry took this team to 42-40 in a stacked western conference even when all of the experts predicted we would only win 25-30 games. They didn't make the playoffs because without a legitimate star on the team, they weren't supposed to make the playoffs. Team chemistry got us pretty damn close though.

11. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

If you are looking at Chris Bosh as a hot chick man you got issues.

12. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

So in last year when the rockets took the lakers to 7 games you went into that series knowing we were going to lose because of the lakers "length" sure they are longer but I still stand by sayin that if we had Yao or Deke we would have took that series

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I see the fans who dont want them as the same crowd who keeps making keep Tmac and Yao every year. The same weak crowd that allows us to get in this position in the first place. Bosh is not needed but he is an upgrade and this crowd is terrified of change or losing role players for allstars and chances at Championships. They want to believe all the time we can win a Championship with half a Yao, Martin, Ariza, Brooks, and Scola as our starters. When we couldnt do it with a fully healthy Yao and all the same things insert Artest instead of Martin and a prime Battier instead of Ariza. Basically the same team. You add Bosh? The reason Yao breaks his foot? Everyone is jumping all over his back as his is the only rebounding threat down there. Bosh would change that. Yao could actually take off and run the floor at times instead of being pounded trying to get the rebound all the time. This is about Yao since some of you insist on keeping him at all costs. You want Yao? Its better to have Bosh to preserve those feet of his.

14. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Melo isnt the answer either he makes bonehead decisions and is immature, u seen how he melted down and choked in this past playoffs vs an inferior Jazz team.. other than that I understand ur dislike for acquiring him, Im gettin a little turned off myself actually but he is an allstar and Im sure he can help

15. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I 2nd that notion :cool:

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

17. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

We can compete with the Lakers. Brooks ironically who some of you dont call a real point guard is the real reason. You have to make the Lakers weakness pay. Thats Derek Fisher. Thats we we almost beat them. Yao comes back he outplays Bynum. We get Bosh? He cancels out Gasol. Martin gets outplayed by Kobe and we hope Budinger and our bench win the Championship over the Lakers smallforward and bench brigade. Which with Lowry on the bench I believe they will. I am just stating its not like there is not reason to get him. There is a real height and reach and rebounding need we have here. Scola was constantly beat by Gasol oin rebounds and tip ins. That wont change this year.

18. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

i prefer to use our trade assets elsewhere. I would pass onbosh.

19. il italiano

il italiano Member

Chris Bosh 09-10 Season Stats...

PPG: 24.0
    RPG: 10.8
    APG: 2.4
    BPG: 1.0 (to be honest thats pretty low)
    FG%: .518

Chris Bosh was a monster last season. i dont see why no team would want him. i mean imagine what would happen if Yao went out, Bosh would easily be able to step in and replace him. plus yao is only gonna play about 25 minutes a game next season, we need some dominant presence in the paint.

Luis Scola 09-10 Season Stats...

PPG: 16.2
    RPG: 8.6
    APG: 2.1
    BPG: 0.3
    FG%: .514

( i know comparing the two isnt really important, but i believe bosh is an improvement to scola)

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Morey was at Lewis's door step at midnight too. I for one never wanted him at that time and I am still glad Rockets did not sigh him.

Let's just compare last year's stat. On the offensive end, their stats are actually similar. They had same shooting percentage, Scola grabed 2 less boards, scored 6 pts less but he played 4 min less than Bosh. Luis may be at disadvantage at the defensive end, Bosh does provide shot blocking where Scola does not.

If you look at the record however, Rockets won 4 more games than Raptors. To me this is the testimony of the intangibles of Scola. I am just not sure Bosh really proved himself as a winner.

Adding the price tags difference of these two, I am really convinced that not landing Bosh is really the end of the world...