1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Offical I dont want Chris Bosh Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Charles Jones, Jul 4, 2010.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

For those that don't want Chris Bosh, I have a question:

What do you suggest that the Houston Rockets do in order to improve their team?

It just seems like such a no brainer to pick up Bosh right now. For those of you that say "Bosh isn't a max player," what is the difference between signing a guy to $20 mil a year and $15 mil a year? It's like your opinion has no basis in reality. In your perfect world, there might only be a handful of guys that get the max, but that isn't the world that exists.

1 person likes this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It's good enough for DM to conclude that we're a 60 win team with the addition of Bosh.

Plus, Morey might be able to pull off another trade. This is all a moot point bc who knows what's going to actually end up transpiring.

#62 sammy, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  3. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

LMAO

When did I say anything about teachers, doctors, or Ghandi???

I don't care what they make, that's private money, they can do what they want with it.

Rez, you should stop trying to read minds, you suck...really really badly. Who said anything about only paying the league minimum? First The Cat, now Rez...

Can you people read? Seriously? I said IMO he isn't worth the Max Money...

So out of that, you assume I was refering to teachers, doctors, and having a morality dilemma. That I only wanted to pay players the league minimum, and that there is no inbetween ground, because if someone doesn't like Bosh for the money being offered we obviously are taking a shot at Morey and his intelligence.

The comprehension skills on this board are outstanding....

No sammy, it makes sense to you...which is fine, problem is you can't accept the fact i'm not enamored with Bosh for the money being offered. IMO he's not worth the max.

What exactly is wrong with that? All those players are worth it to you...Just because you say so, doesn't make it fact.

You don't understand my stance, i have no issue with whether Morey spends that money or not. Bosh could end up well being worth it. Bosh could fit in like a glove and win multiple championships.

At this point in time, based on the OP, I don't feel he's worth the max money.

Did I say anything about Morey? His intelligence? His character? His decision making skills?

Jesus...people like to see whatever they want in just about anything.

You just can't and won't get it can you...

that's all opinion, it's subjective...

NEWS FLASH!!!!!

Not everyone has to agree 100% of the time.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dirk and co,won 67 games and lost in the 1st round. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen with us,but I don't think we can get to a championship with him taking up a huge chunk of money. If Morey can pull off another trade,which can make us better,I'm all for it.
    Yes,it's all a moot point right now,let's see what happens.

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I agree. He may not be worth a max contract, but 80% of the players that get max contracts arnt worth it. I'd be willing to pay to money for a chance to drastically improve our team.

6. sammy

It makes sense to DM, which speaks volumes in itself.

Please elaborate on why you think beasts like DWade, Melo, Durant, Dirk, Roy, Paul, D Will, & D Howard aren't worth max money. I would love to read your take on this.

And how much should these players be making per yr?

7. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

I'd really agree except at the 4, we don't need to spend that much money IMO...Scola is no scrub and can put up damn good numbers.

point in case...

I don't feel Wade or Melo is worth the max, BUT we need real quality at the 2 or the 3, so in that regard I would spend the max to get one of those here.

YAO Scola and Wade or Melo sounds more tough and presents more of problem than YAO Bosh and Martin. While Martin is nice he is way to inconsistent IMO and doesn't show up when the game is on the line.

Just because i feel a player isn't worth the max doesn't mean i wouldn't spend it, i would just do it at a position where we REALLY need it.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You said...

In other words, you feel like the price tag of many things is too high. When Sammy lists a bunch of top level players and you say they arent worth the max...then you follow it up with listing a bunch of merchandise that isnt worth the price tag as well...then you're not quite understanding the point people are making in regards to max money with top level NBA talent.

And I never said anything about you and thinking doctors should make more...you should be the one that should learn to read.

Go back to 3rd grade, joke.

9. sammy

So you would rather overpay for Scola? Bc that's what it looks like it would take to retain him with the ridiculous contracts that have been given out so far.

Also, please answer why you think that these top-notch players aren't worth max dollars.

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Don't care if we get him or not. I'm perfectly happy with Scola and the rest of our numerous power forwards. He's not a need. Nice player, but not worth the cost in my opinion.

11. MandM's

MandM's Member

We ain't getting Bosh or Melo....just not going to happen. We will prob get a washed up Brad Miller because he was a King and Adelman is trying to build them here. Only problem is that was 8 years ago when they were good.

12. MandM's

MandM's Member

But not complaining about current team. Just most realistic for Houston is a Brad Miller.

Guys like Bosh, Wade, Melo don't want to play in Houston when you have opportunities in other big cities.

And don't bring up championships.....these guys are millionaires. Championships are nice but few are laying in bed awake at night obsessing over a trophy and a ring

13. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

It's not that we don't want Bosh. He's a great player and would be an asset to the team. The problem is the cost. From everything I've read, the owners are looking to reduce both the size of max contracts and overall per-team spending in the next CBA.

I don't want the Rockets to commit to paying Bosh at the old, higher max contract level when players of a similar quality will be making a good deal less after the new CBA is signed. Even worse, if the owners succeed in lowering overall team spending, that higher rate will come out of a smaller pool of our available funds.

Bottom line, if this were any other year, I'd be all for it, but it's not worth financially hobbling the team for the next 6 years, especially when we'll have to give up assets to get him in the first place. No thanks.

14. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I feel the same way, but in addition to that, I had no idea he would behave in this manner during free agency. My initial impression of him was he was sort of an intelligent, low-key, "lead with my actions" type of guy. This free agency has completely changed my perception of him, and not in a good way.

I think he's a fabulous player and his skillset would fit our team well. But lately I feel his mentality, toughness, and ultimately, as many mentioned, cost, will be so detrimental that we should target other people.

15. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

I know I'm probably gonna get flamed for this....but if I had to pick between Scola or Bosh, I'd keep Scola. I'm a purist, I'm a hardcore Rockets fan, I'd like to keep the players we drafted and developed.

Anyways, even without a major acquisition this summer, just look at how potent our lineup looks as it is....

Yao, Brooks, Scola, Kevin Martin. For real guys, do you have any idea how many teams would kill to have a line up like that? Yao will be turning 30, meaning he'll be entering his prime, Aaron Brooks has definitely blossomed into a future All Star, Luis Scola is a borderline All Star (think Buck Williams, oldschool, I know) and Kevin Martin is underrated like hell. Seriously, guys, I don't want to lose a player like Scola.

16. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

Correction, San Antonio drafted Scola....but we are his first team, and we did develop him.

17. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I dont want Chris Bosh either and got demoted to rookie status for giving my arguments as to why i didnt want him. I didnt call him any names other than soft and an attention w****. He has failed to get a team with average talent in the east to the playoffs. The same conference where wade can get a team with no talent what so ever into the 5 seed back to back years. Bosh has had one winning season his entire career. His defense is suspect, he makes gasol look like mutombo. Classic under achiever who puts up stats on horrible teams. Ala al jefferson, hell al jefferson is just as good as bosh for a lot less money.

18. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

I'm not knocking DM sammy, why do you think I am? Same as what i just posted i just don't feel with Scola in the line up, we need to spend the max on a 4, unless that 4 was on Lebron or Kobe's level, which IMO Bosh is not.

Wade is a great player no doubt, but without that one good year with Shaq, plus Wade's injury(which he has shown to be almost fully recovered from)I just don't see the max money play game in and game out. He's had some outstanding games, but he's also had some games that were horrible. I also saw a few games and saw ESPN report on a few games were his injury was in question due to his play.

Melo, IMO has the talent and potential to be right there with Lebron and Kobe, but hasn't reached it. Way to inconsistent, although that might be because IMO he doesn't fit in with Denver. But Melo is way to up and down.

Durant, a few more years of play like he had this last year and i would seriously consider him to be elite. Once he has shown a consistant level of play over the years then yes i would agree on his part.

Dirk younger yes, at his age now, i just don't feel he is worth it, same with Duncan. Both elite players when in their respective prime, but not there now.

Roy, i wasn't really a big fan of his, and some of the games that i've seen he wasn't in the game and was taken out of the flow to many times.

Paul, to be honest i would probably give him the max if he could get him WITHOUT draining our roster, which i don't think could happen even with Morey's skills. D will the same, except he doesn't always show up and play hard.

Howard is the real puzzle, dude is a beast, and i love his physical nature, but jesus he has no post game. IF he had Scola's post game he'd easily be a Max player IMO. But he has been owned way to many times in the playoffs IMO.

19. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

really?

So who exactly were you refering to? The invisible man?

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm conflicted. On one hand, this team needs to grab an elite player and Bosh is that. On the other hand, this team needs a closer (at least that's what I keep hearing) and Bosh definitely is not that. Do you really want to pay max dollars for six years to a guy who you can't even be confident throwing the ball to in the final seconds of a game?

I guess it all depends on what we give up to get him. I understand either Scola or AB is gone if Bosh comes here and I can live with losing one of those guys but if next year's pick from the Knicks is included I'm not sure I want that deal.