1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have 6 plans, and its suprising we've only heard 1 so far!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robroy77, Jul 3, 2010.

1. wallstwizzard

wallstwizzard Member

1. Clone Yao Ming
    2. Fuse bone with admantium
    3. Add Hakeems althletic ability
    4. Add dream shake
    5. Add Hakeem's defense
    6. Add Larry Bird's passing

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The Yao clone would still find a way to be out for the rest of the season. Eye injury like Amare?

3. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

hahaha

But...seriously though...this is Morey 6 part plan:

1. Waive at Bosh
    2. Wink at Bosh
    3. Brush dirt of shoulders, nod head and smile at Bosh
    4. Tell Bosh that New York has too much pollution
    5. Tell Bosh that Chicago doesn't have a Timmy Chan's
    6. Take Bosh to Nadler's at Houston for the best cake & pastries ever.

4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

By my count, this is what we've heard:

1. sign and trade Bosh
    2. Sign and trade Amare (not an option anymore)
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. Resign Scola and Lowry, go into the season with what we have and take the wait and see approach. Either we like the current team or we decide to trade in season for star, not sure who though. CP3? Melo? Granger? Jefferson?

Am I the only one souring on Jefferson? Just not sure he fits with this team. He can score, but his defense is terrible because he is slow. You really want another slow defender next to Yao? Yao is good, but a frontcourt of those two will have a hard time with stretch fours or athletic guys like josh smith. We already have that problem with Scola, except he gives 3/4 the production at 1/4 of the cost. I'd rather stick with him.

5. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

6. rob Roy from the Blazers.

6. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

David Lee visits Wolves

I'm cool with sending 25% less than $13 million in salary to the Wolves for Jefferson, but we only have so many of those expiring contracts...

I think Ariza, Andersen, and Mike Harris ought to just about cover it. They need the space to sign Lee...

I'm assuming we don't get Bosh, nor Amare. Do we want Jefferson more than, say, Boozer?

7. alethios

alethios Member

Addendum

[​IMG]

8. k-money

k-money Member

you just made me wet my pants and mademe roll on the floor laughing so freakishly.

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

More like 6 Steps than 6 Plans...

Plan 1: Re-sign Kyle Lowry and Luis Scola
    Plan 2: S&T for Chris Bosh OR
    Plan 3: S&T for Amar'e Stoudamire
    Plan 4: Sign Brad Miller OR
    Plan 5: Sign Brendan Haywood
    Plan 6: Sign Mike Miller

10. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

If Bosh isn't considering the Rockets, then why haven't we heard about a backup plan?

Granted that Morey never lets his plans be known, except for his push for Bosh, wouldn't there be at least one report of something else brewing behind the scenes? And I don't mean Brad Miller. I like the team the way it is, and Yao will add alot once he comes back, but where is the shotblocking presence going to come from if Bosh doesn't want to come here?

11. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

Backup plan is stick with the status quo and cross fingers that Yao stays healthy. This team can be solid and make a decent run.
    Bosh or no Bosh, the Lakers are going to be heavy favorites until Philip hangs it up.

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why so much stupid thread ?

13. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Because if you know Morey's plan then whole league knows it. Morey keeps his plans as a secret most time. Now please delete this thread.

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Where is the shot blocking presence going to come from if we do get bosh?

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Who said Bosh isn't considering Houston. I haven't heard that. Bosh hasn't said that. No one on Bosh's team has said that. In fact most of the news media is suggesting the opposite, Bosh and Houston might be the best fit.

And even it that is the case Houston has many plans all the way to Z

16. anchel

anchel Member

Maybe because he's considering us. Part of the plan is to make him feel appreciated, and that's wait for him. Morey's demeanor also gives you a clue about who we don't want (Amare, Boozer, Lee).

I don't think Bosh is a shotblocking presence. The answer would be Yao Ming + Jordan Hill.

17. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

This. Personally as much as I'd love Bosh to be a Rocket, I'd hate to give up Jordan Hill in the process. I think the guy has the abilities and the upside to be a very good player, not just a role player. But since the Rockets are in win-now mode and with Yao's window closing (due to his injuries), it would be hard for the Rockets to wait 2-3 years for Hill or any other young promising players to develop. Hopefully Bosh is the answer to the Rocket's problems.

18. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Tiago Splitter for Greek player.

19. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Nobody's said it, but he hasn't had a full, sit down presentation meeting with us like he has with New York, New Jersey, Chicago, and Miami. And his agent downplayed the meet and greet we did get at the start of free agency. It's not hard to see why people would feel like we're not in serious contention.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah you get the feeling that everything that's been leaking out about our SnT offer has come from the offices of Toronto, in an attempt to get teams to compete against it or to pressure us to improve our offer when there are no real competitors. Throughout this whole process Toronto has been using the media while the Rockets have done what they always do and keep as much of their plans as secret as possible.