1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Broussard: Houston has a very good chance at Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jzmagic, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

We know that. Bucher knows that. But I'm beginning to wonder if Bosh realizes it.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Man Carmello and Yao would be a beast against anyone. I would really like that combo. You know what could happen if Bosh comes to Houston? We have Yaos expiring contract. Maybe Morey feels Carmello and Bosh could win us more games than Bosh and Yao and he moves Yao for Carmello or Paul?

1 person likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I'm digging your train of thought, dream scenario.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Bosh is a person. He's capable of being swayed by feelings as well as logic. Yes, from an objective standpoint, one can say that Houston makes the most sense. We are stable, have a baseline of talent, and a front office that can help him win going forward.

But Bosh has played with Lebron and Wade in the Olympics. He's friends with both. He has an agent with Wade. He's happy that people want him to join one of the premier players. He's probably thinking, "Hey, this is cool!"

That's why it's up to Morey to slap some sense into the kid. :grin:

5. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

But Morey needs the kid to give him a full session in order to administer said slapping! :grin:

Or has he? And has Morey mind tricked him into not tweeting about it? :)

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Latest tweet by Ric Bucher: Hou makes the most sense for Bosh. Best S&T offer, he gets to play PF next to All-Star C (Yao) + he's set up as main star moving forward.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

KBerg_CBS Source indicates there will be no decisions tonight from Wade or Bosh: "They're processing all of the info."

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I dont expect anything till monday

9. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

THIS SEE-SAW IS DRIVIN ME CRAZY!

phew, that needed all caps :cool:

10. HPD

HPD Member

"all you base are belong to us" from KING JAMES, D-WADE, and BOSH to the front offices of CHI, MIA, NY, and HOU

11. Raven

Raven Member

We're not glamorous enough. He wants to be a rock star.

12. Cakewalk

Cakewalk Member

Could KMart be in this package? I would really want Brooks, Martin, Bosh and Yao playing together. Man it's like a dream come true.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

ah mi amorey

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ylCPgPuoXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&start=28"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ylCPgPuoXk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&start=28" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If Martin is in that deal, then that probably means we are clearing some space to make another big move. However, if we do get Bosh, I dont see Martin going anywhere.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I want to see a lineup of

Brooks or Lowry
    Martin (even though i dont really like him)
    Ariza
    Bosh
    Yao

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Maybe in a package for LeBron or Melo. Not Bosh.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There are plenty of players who contracts make them more of a liability than an asset, or in laymans terms, makes them worth less than nothing.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Monday? Ha, expect this thing to drag out until Thursday....monday will be the day the FAs come back tot he teams and try to counter negotiate...then the teams will come back within a day or two and then either they'll come to an agreement or not. that's where someone like Bosh will shift his focus to Houston if he's doesnt like their final offer.

Weird how James is seen as the guy everyone is waiting for to decide first...but i think it's going to be bosh who decides first by either agreeing to join someone somewhere or by saying he's out of any partnership and goign directly to houston.

19. Rocketfanatic2

Here is the video for those who want to hear it themselves.

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=5352829"/></object>

It's also on the NBA page from ESPN as of right now.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/

20. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

If Bosh just walks (no S&T), and Toronto renounces Amir Johnson, Rasho Nesterovic, Antoine Wright, and Patrick O'Bryant, they'd have $8 million to sign an FA. Or, they could keep all those guys and use their MLE.

Were I them, and I lost Bosh for nothing, I think I'd release the FAs and re-build.