1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Broussard: Houston has a very good chance at Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jzmagic, Jul 3, 2010.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

'

This. Basically has been my whole feeling all day. We are being taken for aride according to my feelings like this about this subject the way it was described.

2. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

I like Bosh's game and that he's into interacting with the fans. I think he'd be a great fit with the Rockets and I still hope he joins the team!

I'll still be a fan and won't begrudge him if he doesn't. Hopefully he considers everything carefully and is happy with his decision. I just question whether some of his previous statements may have been more bravado than meat...dare I say a tad...McGrady'ish? :grin:

3. PeppermintCandy

Though i don't care about the alpha dog part, i agree with you. If he' really gauging teams for their potential to win a championship, I don't get why he and his agent wouldn't give Morey a chance at a full meeting. And i don't buy how it is all about not giving Toronto too much sign-and-trade leverage.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Bucher with a couple of interesting tweets...

RicBucher Several indications Amare has fallen out of Mia picture. Hard to believe, but Chi could be the team leaving the river w/an empty crawl now

RicBucher Thanks @jpac87 for pointing out I forgot an element in my last tweet. Scenario: Bosh to Hou in S&T. Amare to NY. Booz to Mia. Chi: ummm..

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think he's just playing out a scenario where Chicago strikes out, not that it's likely to happen.

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Just saw that. We sure are getting more and more recognition as time goes by.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Someone is going to have to. If not them, it's the Knicks. If not the Knicks, it's the Heat or the Nets. In turn, if not one of those, it's the Bulls. Not hard to imagine, really.

8. ThaShark316_28

RicBucher

Tor's threat not to S&T Bosh is to get his attention. Pick up the phone or it could cost you $30m. Truth is, Raps can't afford not to S&T.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

I wonder if J Hill could turn himself into a PF as good as Bosh. He showed flashes on the court for us last year. I'd hate to lose him already.

10. ThaShark316_28

He's not going anywhere. lol (i hope not)

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

So guys, do you think it's possible that we actually did meet with Bosh, but it didn't get reported? Take a look at this interview with Morey:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2010/06/29/Dayrl0629102Mbcopymov-1361599/index.html

Around the 4:40 mark he talks about how free agents will first meet with the teams with cap room, or at least through news reports meet with those teams, so they can then leverage for a sign & trade to get that extra cash.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's been what, TWO days? they're not doing anything out of the ordinary..so far they've met with all their suitors and were given all their options. It's what any FA would do, whether it's MJ or Luther Head. Then you go home and think it over, take it all in, and weigh everything to make sure you make the right decision. Who the hell rushes a job offer when they have several and most of them involve relocating to another city?

It's the media that's been causing the drama. They're trying to get a jump on any deal, so they jump ahead of themselves and report anything they hear and risk having to back track, which they all have at some point lately. I havent heard bosh say he's leaning towards Chicago one day and then say he prefrs houston the next. It's the media who's implying it with the little info they have, much of it coming from sources who are speculating.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I have a feeling we are getting him, dude is about money and Toronto needs to acquire something for him.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Does it matter? All things being equal, Bosh wants Chicago/Miami. We all know this. But what if Chicago/Miami/Toronto can't come to a decision in regards to a S&T?

You're making it seem like the Rockets are going to "miss out" by chasing a mirage in Bosh. But the truth is, going after Bosh doesn't really hurt this team. We're not in the market for other big FAs, nor will our personnel decisions be hurt by their movements.

In the end, Morey's playing with house money. We're not going to be totally screwed the way Miami/NY/Chicago would be if they strike out.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

True. We have other options. Carmello and Chris Paul here we come!!! :grin:

16. plates300

plates300 Member

exactly. If we get Bosh, then our roster will be great. If we don't get Bosh, then our roster still will be better than those teams that strike out and get nobody. It's a win-win situation for Houston no matter what. If we don't get Bosh, we still have plenty of trade assets going towards the deadline not to mention the New York picks for the next 2 years. Rockets win either way.

17. monster

monster Member

It's somewhat understandable why Bosh may consider taking less to play in Miami. He's 25 and already a multi-millionaire. Taking a little less and playing in a high-profile city is attractive to a young man. He wants to party...be seen..etc. I may have done the same at that age.

18. AggieRocketFan96

More from Bucher:

RicBucher: Hou makes the most sense for Bosh. Best S&T offer, he gets to play PF next to All-Star C (Yao) + he's set up as main star moving forward.

19. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

RicBucher tweet 2 mins ago:

Hou makes the most sense for Bosh. Best S&T offer, he gets to play PF next to All-Star C (Yao) + he's set up as main star moving forward.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

If Rick doesnt stop tweeting he might win my heart.