1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN Broussard: Houston has a very good chance at Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jzmagic, Jul 3, 2010.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Rockets are a class organization. We are not the Clippers or Grizzlies or even the Mavericks. Mavericks are still the sister team behind little brother who has won a championsip and has some history and tradition here of winning. We are kind of like one of the old guards in the league on par with the Detroits, Knicks, Lakers, Chicago, Spurs, and other former Champions who have a history and following over the country and world. Bosh would be taking a huge leap up with the Rockets if he came here as well as he would those other teams. he is thinking about. Heck the Heat have less tradition than us and fanbase with a smaller market. They are practically smalltime to the Rockets too still when we start winning again.

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Damn! And right when the world had started to make sense!

3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You post nothing but crap. Go away.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'm for it as long as we don't give up Scola or AB.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Thankfully in this situation the team where he makes the most money will also be the team where he can win the most. The only thing standing in the way are his comradery with Wade, James, and Henry Thomas. It's a real immature way of thinking but you can't expect much better from a 26yr old. Heck I'm 25 and I understand this.

6. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

7. TheGoldenGreek

Maybe...but more importantly HE'S A ROCKET!

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Man this is killing meee.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Dear Chris, please grow a pair and pick a team. If you're as good as you think you are then you shouldn't care where LeChoke and Wade are going. Let them follow you, not the other way around.

10. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

um Chris....its Toronto's decision now....unless of course you choose to make less $

11. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

This!

I keep coming back to how many times Bosh has said that it's very important to him to end up on a winning team where he is the alpha dog. And here he is seemingly waiting for a scenario where he can join LeBron or Wade...which will make him a beta at best!

Nothing wrong with wanting to play with those guys, unless you spent most of your time coming into this beating your chest and claiming, "I'm the man!" Then you do look girly and very, very, beta!

12. stab

stab Member

If we can still hold onto Battier, Bud, Scola and AB...I don't mind paying that price..

13. Htown's2kFinest

i wish they would choose where the hell they're going all ready. starting to care less and less with each passing day.

14. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Has he said that he's waiting for that? That's just all these moron sports writers tell us what he's thinking...

He can't sign anywhere until the 8th anyway, it makes sense to take some time and carefully consider the different offers. This is his life and legacy on the line, and he only started getting concrete offers 2 days ago.

If you got 2 different job offers on opposite sides of the country, how long would it take you to make a decision? And he has how many offers now?

15. il italiano

il italiano Member

exactly. this is his life and its a huge decision for him. he should take time to think about the options instead of rushing into one.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I doubt we have a good chance. No use in helping his agent get Miami or Chicago to give out 6 year max deals. Might as well say we dont have a chance and then let it be on them to contact us to say other wise. That way they all stay with their teams or get 30 million dollars less elsewhere. I dont see the logic in giving the press the power to help the trio get together. Might as well enjoy our weekends and forget about Bosh until things change or just concentrate on something else.

17. RyanB

RyanB Member

but what is amazing is that NO ONE MENTIONED Houston before july 1st
    and then just minutes after midnight the Rockets are in the mix with only the teams that have cap space
    Morey is unbelievable
    i am confident that we will get Bosh
    take that
    if we don't get him, we'll make a big addition for sure

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

At this point, I'd take pure speculation...I was already accepting Brad Miller as our "BIG" offeason acquisition. lol

Love it when dueling ESPN reporters are going with conflicting information! :grin:

19. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

You're right, he hasn't said that's what he's waiting for...that's why I said it "seems" that's what he's waiting for.

My point is, if you spent your time repeatedly proclaiming your desire to be the alpha dog on your team, then why are you even considering teaming up with LeBron or Wade, where you clearly won't be the alpha dog?

I don't think he's dumb or wrong for considering or wanting to play with them, but if you're the alpha you say you are, then show it by picking a team without regard to what LeBron or Wade might do..."I'm picking team X because it fits all the criteria I set out to find and I'm gonna lead it to a championship. If LeBron or Wade choose to join me then great. If not, then too bad for them!"

He doesn't have to pick Houston, but why is it that the Rockets fit all the criteria he listed (as do other teams), yet he and/or his agent didn't and won't set time aside for a full presentation from Morey and friends? Doesn't that at least make you question whether he really can or wants to be an alpha dog?

20. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Same.. I just want to at least hear where one of the big 3 is going.