1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. rage

rage Member

Actually he is the hero. Even before the PK was taken, no matter the result. He sacrificed so his team had a chance.

2. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

This pretty much describes Ghana's opportunities:

[​IMG]

3. junglerules

junglerules Member

I guess I'm of a different mindset, but I just don't see it as cheating. Suarez paid the price, as did Uruguay. They had to survive a PK, take PK's without one of their best players, and then they'll have to play their next game without Suarez. That's a damn stiff penalty for the handball. Ghana had, essentially an 80% - 85% chance of ending the game there, but they didn't. I just don't see the rule as that horrible. Would it definitely have been a goal? Hell yes- but that's why Suarez does what he does, and now he'll have to pay a stiff price.

1 person likes this.
  4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Who is arguing that it wasn't going in?!?!? :confused: Why are you against this so much? The rule is NO HAND, no matter where the shot is going, sir. :eek: In the penalty box, it's a penalty if it's a hand, and it's a RED card. ALL HAPPENED HERE. But the ball could have been going OUT OF BOUNDS or INTO THE NET and it hadn't crossed the plane completely. End of story, man.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

crappy ending to a great game.

soccer needs to clean up its rules and reffing, period.

6. WillG

WillG Member

Luis scola ftw!

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

8. junglerules

junglerules Member

You know, I agree with that now.... He's paying a big price for it, but he HAD to do it.... It's the only way they might survive this match.

Now NED is damn pleased. :)

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the nerve of these North Americans!

They get ESPN and watch some WC soccer for the first time and now they want to change the rules.

:p

How about removing the short stop in baseball. I can't stand the lack of runs and time the innings because the games are too long!!!!

10. SwoLy-D

Which rules? :eek:

11. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

Luis Suarez now has the "HAND OF GOD" with that denial which could've been Ghana's game-winning goal.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The rules are straight.

The Reffing is not. Uruguay had an opportunity to score a goal, which would have been disallowed.

It didn't matter bc the goalkeeper punched it out but it was another blotched offsides call.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Blaming rules, refs, etc gets old. Of course, no one will ever be satisfied because you change one rule, you piss of someone else, you leave one rule the same you piss off another crowd.

Luis had to do what he had to do to give his team a chance. He'll be out the next game, end of story.

14. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

+1

^.^

15. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

How was it an obvious goal when the ball didn't cross the goal line? You have no argument here really. It doesn't matter if it was going to go in or not. He used his hands to stop the ball from going in. That's the only obvious part and it was a smart move. I'll take the red card and be man short next game.

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Ball was going in ....check your eyes.

17. junglerules

junglerules Member

Don't get me wrong, the refs are still ****ty, and they need instant replay!

18. dragon167

dragon167 Contributing Member

LOL......then intentional foul on breakaway dunk should count as 2 point basket as well. No free throws pls.....

19. SwoLy-D

DonnyMost, don't hide, man. Answer my question, please, sir... what rules do they need to change??? :confused:
    Yes, Yes, No. :eek:

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

But it didn't :confused:

It was a strategic move and a great one at that.