1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com on Tracy Mcgrady

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by amazinghappens, Jun 27, 2010.

1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

this decription is wat hes been reduced to? wow how sad of a fall from grace has 1 once great athlete fallen, cant remember a worse fall to an all time great talent.. sad

2. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Haha, call it a career right there!

3. H-Town Rockets Guy

Micro-fracture surgery may take more than a year to recover completly. He will be ready by the time training camp opens in October. His days as a Go To Guy is definitely over in my opinion. But if he can go to a team with couple of super stars, he will do fine. A guy who is gifted as a scorer as he is, can help a team that need that instant scorer off the bench. He can be a guy that can give a team 10-15 pts, 4 Rebs, and 4 Assts next year.

Anyway I wish him nothing but GOOD LUCk!!!!

His Rockets days are over for sure and I don't expect him back. I think he will end up with Lakers.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Hope he signs with the Lakers and finds some success there. Might partake in an epic Rockets-Lakers Western Conference Final next year.

5. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

T-Mac's ego won't let him sign with the Lakers and be Kobe's b****. I think the ideal situation for him would be a young and upcoming team like OKC, where he plays the veteran role.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think if money isn't an issue, there's a good chance he'll go and be Kobe's pet. If not Lakers, he'll go be LerBon's or Wade's pet, depending on who has the best superstar combo.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, T-Mac to lakers

8. k-money

k-money Member

same here i dont hate on tmac like EVERY poster on this board does.

9. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

[​IMG]

I'm ready to load this once more.

10. Dei

Dei Member

I remember that 05 Play-off series against Dallas. Yao was fumbling so many of Tracy's passes that Tracy went up to him in a time-out with such a pissed off face and told him. Tracy 04-05 was a real superstar.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

TMACK AND FRANCHISE TRU ROCKETS! CHAMPS 11!

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He'd carry Kobe's bags if it meant finally having playoff success in the NBA. Tmac wouldn't be playing with the same pressure he had in ORL or HOU. He has guys like Kobe, Artest, and Pau carrying most of the load.

13. VBG

VBG Member

Yeah, it's kinda amazing how someone who was one of the top if not the top perimeter players can fall so far when his main rival is still dominating the game.

14. amazinghappens

thats true everyone was goin for Tmac in tmac for kobe trade.

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I was never a huge tmac fan, but i wont be surprised if he's still got another couple of years left in his tank.

He still never really got to show case what he's got. NY is NOT the place to do that. Mike D'antoni is probably the dumbest coach i've ever seen coach... How he's still got a job in this league is beyond my understanding.

16. amaru

amaru Member

Not really. Injuries like McGrady's have ruined careers.

17. elindio23

elindio23 Member

derek fisher = 12-0 in first round
    tmac = 0-7 in first round
    unstoppable force vs immovable object

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Penny is the first person to come to mind. The guy was on his way to becoming the best player in the NBA.

Grant Hill is another one. Though I have mucho respect for Hill for constantly working hard and redifning his game to still keep being in the NBA. He has picked up his defense later on in his career.

Kemp and Webber to a lesser extent.

Difference is McGrady was already a top 2-3 player in the NBA and managed to **** it up.

19. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Easy, Tmac gets sandy vag disease again, seats out the entire play-off. Problem solved.

20. SunsRocketsfan

well guys like Marbury, our very own Steve Francis, and even Iverson have taken some pretty big falls..
    Marbury and Francis were considered the top guards in the leagues. Lets not forget all the people right here on clutchfans saying how Francis was way better than Dwade.

Also Arenas might be able to be lumped in this category