1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you dislike the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jun 18, 2010.

?

I don't like them because:

1. I'm a Boston fan

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Don't like Los Angeles in general

37 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Don't like Kobe

59 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. Don't like Phil Jackson

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Don't like Ron Ron

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. they are our Western Conference Rivals

49 vote(s)
    20.5%
  7. sick of them winning in general

69 vote(s)
    28.9%
  8. I like Tmac and I don't care what Kobe does, Tmac is better

18 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

You dont have to whine to be competitive, so then you agree that lebron is competitive because he didnt want to shake hands with the magic?

How can you say the Kings are chokers, when the refs give the game to the lakers in a silver plate??

2. anteaterz

anteaterz Member

what are you talking about Kobe gets more calls than Wade or LBJ? kobe takes twice the hits to get the same number of calls. Competitive balls don't complain? lol that's just hilarious, there are people who may dislike kobe for his personality or his behavior, but i doubt anyone knowledgeable would question kobe's competitiveness, that's what he thrives on

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

adoo, look at the thread title. It ain't "Why you want to defend the Lakers." So go away.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

WTF does T-Mac have anything to do with hating the Lakers?

5. adoo

adoo Member

because the Queenie choked.

with 3 min to go, leading by a small margin from the start, that's when the queens started to feel the choke. Peja, their #1 option, air-balled an open shot; then all of a sudden they all avoided the ball like hot potatoes. the next couple time on offensem the 5th options ended up shooting desperation shots (as time was winding down when no one want to miss a shot).

and you don't think this is choking ? :eek:

6. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

I was gonna say the exact same thing. adoo was just blind

7. platy

platy Member

where is the "because laker fans suck in general" option?

8. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

let me see:
    they are rich.
    they are in cali, and texas is better.
    kobe is a baby and gets anything he wants.
    good players tend to want to go to FAKERS.
    they got so many champoinships.
    they win too much, just wanna see them suffer a year.

GOODNIGHT everyone

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

It's team full of douchbags... that simple

--RB

10. cuddie

cuddie Member

It's tinman lol

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

What was the game where Crawford shoves Scola in the chest? I want to say it was during this series between a Scola Odom argument. Crawford needs to get canned.

12. Tmac1Yao11

Tmac1Yao11 Member

I just hate Pau Gasol !

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Gotta admit, I'm fine with Pau Gasol. The only thing that's bad about him is that the Grizzlies bent over and said come and take him for a bag of peanuts. Most lopsided trade of the decade.

It's Fisher that I can't stand. He is as dirty as the league allows nowadays. All that crap about enforcing? Fisher would have gotten killed if he tried doing what he did to Scola vs. someone like Stephen Jackson.

At least Scola won the Sportmanship award for the Southwest division unlike dirty stinky Fish.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Gasol and Fisher are two of the biggest floppers. Gasol flings his arms like a girl whenever someone tries to slap the ball out of his hands. And I'll never forget how he flopped while setting a pick, flinging his arms when he was brushed by a 6-ft PG.

15. adoo

adoo Member

Steven Jackson would get killed if he tries something on Fisher.

What the Rox lack is hard-nose player like Fisher; they should consider signing Fisher, who is a FA. if he was on the Rox roster, opponents would think twice before cheap-shoting the ever polite (on the BB court) YaoMing. and because of that, Yao would get physically abused less often; thus, less injury proned, improving Rox chances of advance further in the playoff.

if Rox sign Fisher off the FA market, Scola would be the first to welcome him to the team.

16. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

sign fisher?? wtf. because he is so much better than AB or Lowry...

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That, and the arrogance of Kobe despite his brilliance.

18. bongo33

bongo33 Member

Adoo you sound like one of those ignorant Laker fans who will not accept the facts about some of the bad things about their team. First of all, just because the Celtics play team ball doesn't mean its vomit ball :rolleyes: . Second of all, why would the Rockets have any interest in signing Derek Fisher, when Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry are so much better than him? Also, tell me how Scola did anything dirty to Kobe that deserved an elbow right to the face? Also, if the Rockets wanted Fishers so called "toughness" why wouldn't they sign Kevin Garnett? He's one year younger and he could actually contribute. Maybe you should go sign up at Lakerground.com?

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Part of it is the culture of the franchise, and part of it is the fans.

It's pointless to call out players as a reason -- if Fisher was playing for the Rockets we'd all probably love him. Kobe is an arrogant jerk, but he's also an amazing talent, on par with any star in the league's history. Not a fan of his personal failures or his smug demeanor, but there's not a guard in the league at the same level he's at.

Jerry Buss is also a decent owner. Phil Jackson is a smug b*stard, but he also has more rings than he has fingers.

I still hate the franchise.

I hated the Lakers as far back as I can remember (early 80's). I also lived in LA shortly after the Rockets Championship years and was there for pretty much the whole Shaq era. I hate the Lakers as much as I do the Mavs and Jazz. They are perennial spoilers for the Rockets and their fans are nasty and arrogant and tend to bandwagon even worse than our own fans (who are admittedly pretty bad).

Don't get me started on the irritating conversations I had in the Forum/Staples Center over the years with air-headed blue-haired girls who would shout "Go Kobe" for the entire game, oblivious to anything that was actually taking place on the court and telling me that I "suck" for being a Rockets fan. The place was full of people who were there for anything and everything but basketball.

I don't think it's even an LA thing. Clippers games were sure as hell never like that, and I often enjoyed the conversations I had with fans there (especially in the old days when the Clips played at USC).

In LA itself, Lakers fans are way more irritating than Dodger fans, USC fans, UCLA fans, Galaxy fans, Kings fans, etc. I can't think of any of those teams needing to "celebrate" a championship with felonious destruction. There's also something innately smug about the franchise and the fans that expects to win every year simply because they are the Lakers. It reminds me of the Yankees and Cowboys fans and their throngs of worshippers and it's icky.

Every popular league for every sport has that team. For the NBA, it's the Lakers. Not the Knicks, not the Celtics, not even the Bulls in their MJ heyday.
    It will always be that way. There's no reason to be bitter, I think we just just invest our emotions on supporting our own team that much more when they play them.

At the end of the day, it's still just a game, and the point is to have fun. I just want the Rockets to beat them, not libel their players and whine bitterly about the Lakers' success.

20. adoo

adoo Member

i can respect that.
    spoken like a knowledgeable sports, unlike the myopic homers
    that said, you'd be hard-pressed to name a NBA superstar who is not arrogant/smug.
    you'd be right on had you included these descptive words--self-serving, munipulative back-stabber
    actually, USC and Lakers fans are very much alike
    you're off base when you conveniently lump the Lakers team with the acts of hoods, who were not even in Staple Center. most probably they were all boozed up from downdown watering holes.
    can you blame them. turn it around, had the Rox made the playoff 56 out of 61 years of NBA's existence, plus the 16 rings, would Rox fans expect their team to win every year.
    well said