1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"New" Team USA uniforms

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Jun 13, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

"Through some kind of clothing wizardry, Nike has eliminated more than 13 inches of fabric from a typical basketball jersey, and probably double that when compared to Allan Houston's(notes) tarp-like mid-90s shirt. The back of the jersey will once again feature "Aerographics," which you probably know as those intricately-designed perforations that make it look like everyone has a super sweaty back like Patrick Ewing. And yes, that's two zings on the New York Knicks, who have been the antithesis of on-court aesthetics for two decades running. Make that three.

Aside from the extra tailoring, the jerseys are about the same. The shorts are the big story, as far as international basketball clothing news goes. Thanks to Nike's new Hyperelite design, the shorts are about half as light as a normal basketball short when dry. Get them wet — like, you know, from sweating during a game — and they're even better, weighing less when soaked (10.1 oz.) than a normal pair does when dry (13.6). "

Full story:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...-new-Team-USA-basketball-unifo?urn=nba,247857

It's interesting to me how the international teams and college teams are going towards a more aerodynamic/lighter uniform, while most of the NBA is still sporting wide and heavy unis. Houston especially. I dont get, personally i think the lighter unis will feel AND look better. The NBA needs to wake up. Hopefully the Rockets address some of this with the minor changes being done for next season.

2. elindio23

elindio23 Member

is this why we play better in our alt. jerseys??

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Doubt it, since they are also pretty baggy and as heavy more than likely. i think they just like those better.

And i forgot to add a pic, for more click the original story link:

[​IMG]

4. sime0n

sime0n Member

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

More pics from the original link:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]