1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Story on Houston4Bosh airing tonight on Ch 2 Sports Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 6, 2010.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm Sean, didn't see it, did I bomb? :cool:

2 people like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bomb as in "you da bomb!" :eek: or as in bomb as not do good? It was good; all who took part did fine as I said. Again, good job and props to you [and the others] did it, and went on camera.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You had a pretty good segment.

Bosh is the missing link.

4. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yeah man good job, don't worry.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I was nervous as hell as you can tell with my facial expressions

solid report Adam, nice house Clutch, and thanks for letting me apart of it

i feel bad that yao11 and labmouse didnt make it, but had a very quick shot of all us

hopefully this report will help out in the pursuit :)

1 person likes this.
  7. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

As soon as I saw this in the thread, I did a quick re-write of my script. Seriously. You can't bait me like that and NOT have me bite! LOL

OK, a few things...

For one, it's is so painstakingly ridiculous to fit everything you want into a piece when you do these. Especially one like this, where the "fan" in me comes out, and I want to do a 10-minute expose! LOL

I say this because two of the interviewees didn't even make it into the piece, and that had nothing to do with their content/on-camera appearance, etc. It's just the way it went. I wish I could have included waaaay more of Clutch, but I was originally given 2:30, and when all was said and done, I was seriously pushing our overall show rundown with a 2:52 final running time. I'm planning on uploading the raw interview with Clutch in a few minutes, and I'll post a link on both threads so you all can see it. Unfortunately due to NBA restrictions (because I used game b-roll), I can't post the piece on our web site...

Also, wanted to say HUGE thank-you's to everyone who participated in the piece, obviously starting with Clutch. He opened up his home to basically a complete stranger...and regardless of what I do now, I was once just another BBS member, hitting F5 repeatedly on the keyboard in my dorm room to find out if we had secured McGrady, traded for Artest, etc. I LOVE this site, and although I rarely post, I read it every day. Clutchfans is and has been my home page since I started browsing it back in '99 when I was a senior at Cy Creek. So doing this story was a thrill.

OK, enough sappy crap...thanks to all the BBS members who met me outside TC when I was running late driving from Clutch's crib through a hurricane...only to be caught in another one once we got there.

And thanks to all of you other posters who constantly entertain and inform me with your comments...even the ones who hated me on SR 610 ;)

-AC

3 people like this.
  8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just watched it, very nice. Good jobs guys... nobody called it "clutch-nut" this time. :p

9. Yao11

Yao11 Member

=/ I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't able to make the cut for the piece, but overall I'm glad to have participated in it. Everybody did a great job that day and it was really nice to meet Adam.

1 person likes this.
  10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

And I thought I just made a lucky guess heh.

Not to turn this into a local sports personality thread, but I think that's why guys like you, David Nuno (puff), and Matt Jackson (Mattj) are generally well received here (Wexler, Raheel, and Sean Pendergast are here too, just less frequent); you guys aren't afraid to come to our turf and engage with us without having the disconnect switch at your disposal like on radio. Rich Lord, Barry Warner, Dick Justice, and John Lopez wouldn't even think about posting here due to the fact they'd be ripped a new one by the same type of callers they have conveniently hung up on when the talk isn't going their way.

1 person likes this.
  11. rocketabc

HA! Well, I put my fair share of callers on hold (mostly) or hung up on them (only certain cases, like Texas Mike) when I was on the radio. But don't sell some of those latter guys you mentioned short. They'll get after it with fans/listeners/readers in other ways.

As for the first names, those are some of my closest friends in the biz--especially MJ and Wex, because I came up with them first before anyone. They're like older brothers who (still) pick on me LOL

Speaking of MattJ, he and I co-hosting this week on Tuesday through Thursday mornings. The trainwreck awaits...

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Ah darn. Oh well, really appreciate the work and it was an awesome feature. Just gotta love this place. :)

For now, I put a link to the Scolaisballin vid on the wiki. Hope someone got a HQ capture of it too.

13. rocketabc

Like I said, raw ENTIRE interview with Clutch coming up shortly...it was nearly 11 minutes long. Just waiting for it to show up on our server while I check correspondence LOL :grin:

14. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

well done. not to sell anyone else's efforts short, but it's incredible to me that essentially two people, Clutch (for making the website) and AC (for broadcasting it) could have a huge impact on what happens with the rockets offseason plans. who says one fan doesn't make a difference?

regardless of what Chris decides to do and how the logistics of a sign and trade may work out, thank you both for the effort.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I was a little disappointed in the fan part of it. Not that it was anyone's fault...I just felt like the time constraints denied the possibility of getting any kind of in depth response that only a true die-hard fan would provide. I'm sure there were better parts that had to be cut in favor of the short, somewhat generic quotes that were in the piece.

In any event, it's always cool to see clutchfans getting some pub. Something like this helps to legitimize all the time spent on this site!

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Oh, ok. Cool. :grin:

17. Sam the Ram

Sam the Ram Member

Nice to see your work again Adam. I really miss your work on 610. You were seriously one of my favorite guys on the radio, and in fact, you were one of the main reasons I started listing to sports radio. I really miss your Rome prediction show, and all of the impressions....I hope for success in your future works.

18. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Are you Adam Clanton? Man I miss "The Adam Clanton Experience". we need you back on 610.

19. rocketabc

I only play Adam Clanton on television. And occasionally on the radio ;)

20. rocketabc

Thank you, sir!

Get your fix: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday mornings this week on SportsTalk 790 AM with Matt Jackson (6-10a); June 18th with my man, Fred Faouer on ESPN 97.5 FM from 12-2p.

1 person likes this.