1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Army....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by c0r0na21, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

So what's the deal. Did a army recruiter trick you into joining the military?

Army recruiters are just like any other salesman. They go after kids in high school who don't know what they want to do with their lives and present them with another option. When I was in high school I was able to get them to back away real quick by saying, "I'm going to college."

3. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

Ok, so explain how it's a shady businesss. Did you ever serve? Were you tricked into joining?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

blow up all that you can see & get a dreaded life, in the army

5. Southern Select

Kind of like Mark Linkous, Elliott Smith and Cobain etc. etc.

But at least those who served were honorable.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Went to the OP's myspace....hes 19.....i heard if you can get someone else to sign up with you , you get an extra 10 grand or something......i think thats what we have here.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

duhh... I'll join, I play COD so I can fight a war? What's that you say? It is just like COD, and you'll give me a whole annual salary of $5,000 dollars for four or five years. **** college, I'm gonna join the army!

:rolleyes:

8. deekay209

deekay209 Contributing Member

So where did you hear that service members only make $5k a year salary? Are you talking from experience or just plain ignorant?

9. c0r0na21

c0r0na21 Member

send me a message if your interested.

10. TheyCallmeExMan

hes ignorant and bad at COD.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This may be nothing but a sound bite to you but it's true. Freedom Is Not Free. I served in the Army and Air Force Reserve after I got out and I'm damn proud of it.

If a recruiter showing up at your school is the worst thing that ever happens to you or your family then you should take time to think that recruiter and all the people in the service for providing you with such a great place to live. Because from the tone of your post you sure didn't contribute anything.

1 person likes this.
  12. crash5179

Maybe if you had taken the time to actually research the military before making uninformed and completely false comments you would know that the military offers signing bonuses in excess of 20K, college paid for, 100% paid medical benefits, every holiday off known to man and 1 month of paid vacation plus a full pension retirement after 20 years.

Please tell me what other job will offer you that straight out of High School. Most people with 4 year college educations can work in their entire careers in the civilian world and never approach benefits like that.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

Most people with a four year college education working in the civilian world also don't have to worry about being sent into combat.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

To clarify my previous post, it was supposed to be read sarcastically, because that's pretty much the mindset of every teen I meet who wants to join the Army. I got the 5k number from an army recruiter at my school

15. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Bless our Troops, when I see one in full uniform @ a restuarant I'll offer to pay for their meal if she or he is on a date I'll offer to pay for the whole thing is the least I can do to show my graditude.

16. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

You are also provided with free housing or a housing allowance.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If I was not in college, this would probably be my plan. I'm still interested in having the military pay for law school some how. If anyone knows much about that I would like to know more about it.

18. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

And if you add military experience to your resume in addition to all those other factors that you mentioned, you will be a much more attractive candidate than people without military experience.

i went to a good undergrad and b-school and all my classmates who had military experience did very well with recruiting.

19. crash5179

Talk to a recruiter or even check into the ROTC program at your college or university.

If you sign up and go enlisted the military will essentially pay for all of your college at an accredited school while you are get the GI Bill which is a very large sum of cash to use for college when you are out.

If you have good grades and want to be a full time student check with the ROTC department at your school as you might qualify for a full scholarship and you would graduate as an officer with a 6 year commitment left. There are also programs available where they will take care of your un-paid student loans.

20. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Hey man, i got a K:D of 2.13 and I capture heaps of flags. Also im a beast with one of these...

[​IMG]

Can i Make it??