1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

some guys just don'tlike Collison&Hinrich!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by wagner, Aug 13, 2002.

Tags:
  1. wagner

wagner Member

some guys just don'tlike Collison&Hinrich!??!?!?!
    WHY....goddam...they are both very good players....but some people just don't RESPECT they'r skills.....I think that they will be among TOP 10 in 2003 NBA draft....but would u look at this site and look where Collison & Hinrich are listed:mad: :mad: that is reddiculous...!!!!!!

http://probasketball.about.com/library/weekly/aa070402a.htm

2. wagner

wagner Member

I don't know about u guys, but a like Hirich and Collison....

3. hardeji

hardeji Member

This same dumbass shows Walton going at 26 and 3 HS guys going quick. Didn't they learn their lesson last year? Yeah, James'll be #1, but Perkins????

Since u know I'm a jayhawker, I almost feel that your post was a setup to get me started.........u wouldn't do that to me would'ya dude?

Collison'll fill Gooden's role and place himself in the lottery (top 10) next year. Face it, the guy's huge, athletic, and has the best round-the-basket moves in college ball. He'll be a serviceable PF in the nba; potentially a starter-type in 3 to 4 years, never will be a star in the league, though (wow, I really went out on a limb there, didn't I?).

Hinrich needs another stout season to keep himself in the top 20 or so. A kickass season might put him in the lottery. He's pretty athletic and is a full 6'4" and can run the point fairly well. He'll probably have a J.Vaughn-type career..... start some and might land with a team as a 7th - 8th guy.

Hell, who knows? Kansas probably won't even win the B12 this year. OU's gonna be tough, as will UT, MU, etc.

4. wagner

wagner Member

hej hardeji Jayhawks r my favourite college team too...

5. wagner

wagner Member

damn....the link that is here......that got me started too......

6. wagner

wagner Member

losing Gooden will hurt......but Collison is good and can fill the PF spot.....

7. carmelo

carmelo Member

I like Hinrich and Collison.....very much...because I love Kansas Jayhawkes....and that link just pissed me off...:mad:

but nice thread from u wagner

8. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I'm no Kansas hater but dude lay off the Hinrich is good stuff, you've been going to the *cough* medicine cabinet *cough* too much. I'll give Collison his props for being a little better than Mark Madsen though. It's not that he can't fill Gooden's shoes, but when they were both there this team was that much better for having both of them there. Another words same thing if Collison had left, they would not be as good with just Gooden. Trust me Hinrich will go top 5 in the Intercontinental Basketball Association draft if they can afford one, he's just not good. Collison I think will go around 15 by no means is he a hot commodity either. Not in the NBA he won't be.

9. hardeji

hardeji Member

Interesting reply, Jevnad.

Funny, Collison was selected as the only collegiate player to be on the USA basketball all-star team (see link below for fact).
    From what I've read, Elton Brand, Shawn Marion, Ben Wallace, et al, seem to think he's the real deal and has a pretty bright future in the NBA. There's a lack of decent college big men, so who knows, maybe he'll make the lottery.

Regarding Hinrich, do you say that because he's another white guy playing the point (aka, Dickau, etc.), or do you see something in his game that's not up to par? He's supposedly incredibly athletic (speed + hops), is an above average in ball-handling and skills, and shoots an outstanding % (FG's and 3ptFG). Guy averages 5 to 6 assists, 2 to 3 steals, etc., etc. Gimme 3 other college combo guards (actually play the point AND the SG) who will be better this year.

My thoughts..... if he averages 14/6/6/2, he'll be top 15 pick. With his height (full 6'4"), he might be able to stick in the league somewhere, maybe not as a starter for 3 to 4 years.

http://www.kusports.com/news/kusp_front2/story/103406

10. jevjnd

Jevnad is that personal here I smell conflict. I say it because physically he is a string bean ie I believe in Dickau not Hinrich look at his physique pretty unimpressive. As many know by now a good college career doesn't warrant a good NBA career, and no he's not the next Stockton. As a matter of fact I would go as far as saying that Stockton had that certain it about him you could see his body type and see that he had the tools. This Hinrich looks like he could play games as long as they're not physical you'll see what I mean when he gets roughed up in the NBA. Imagine him going at it with GP or even Tony Parker he doesn't have the physical tools.

11. hardeji

hardeji Member

Time will tell, won't it?

12. jevjnd

It just might if he gets drafted at all. There are no reliable sources even suggesting that he will even be drafted, and if he is I can't see him getting significant playing time. Maybe you'll prove me wrong. Oh and as far as Collison let's not kid ourselves if Griff is not ready physically he certainly is even less so only that he doesn't have Griff's tools backup don't give me this he'll be a star, cuz that would be a joke.

13. wagner

wagner Member

hei jevjan if u dont know someting not so reddicolous to say.....shu up.....and if u hate Hinrich so much....then feel sorry for yourself...;)

14. wagner

wagner Member

do u see my new signature....:D

15. wagner

wagner Member

so......whats up........why....do......u.....dont like these players....?

I could bet that if I name any 10 guys.......u dont like 60% of them....:p

16. jevjnd

It's not that I don't like them actually they are great college ball players. However it will be a mistake for the NBA team that picks up Hinrich trust me he doesn't have the vision or body of an NBA point guard. Look at Dickau, now there's an NBA point guard he has trained and has the body to play in the NBA. It shows when guys do what it takes, collison on the other hand will be decent I envision him as a good role player to provide energy. And for those who think that I am discriminating that is hardly the case. Guys like Googs, Dirk, Nash, Vanhorn, and even Wally World have proved that that's not the case I acknowledge that but Hinrich is not good, and Collison only decent. As for mo not liking any 10 guys that's hardly the case I have always followed basket ball I am after all from NY and unless you're looking for trouble that is all that there is out there.

17. o0|mcCants|0o

o0|mcCants|0o Member

Lets make a Hinrich & Collison fan-club.....:D

18. hardeji

hardeji Member

I hate to do this to 'ya Jevjnd, but I gotta throw this in....

Hinrich vs. Dickau...... the real numbers don't lie

From actual 2002 game stats:

Player MIN PTS REBĀ  AST Ast./Trnovr
    Dickau 35 21 3 4.7 1.6/1
    Hinrich 31 15 5 5.0 1.9/1

Players Normalized for Minutes/Game
    Dickau 35 21 3.0 4.7 1.6:1
    Hinrich 35 17 5.4 5.6 1.9:1

and....

Player MIN STL FG% FT% 3P%
    Dickau 35 0.8 44% 86% 46%
    Hinrich 31 1.6 54% 81% 48%
    Players Normalized for Minutes/Game
    Dickau 35 0.8 44% 86% 46%
    Hinrich 35 1.8 54% 81% 48%

They look pretty even to me, except for Dickau had to score more (which he did) and Hinrich shot a much better % from the field, had a much higher assist/turnover ratio, and was more of a ball thief. Hinrich was also a much better rebounder.

Now please, tell me why Dickau is so much better a pro prospect than Hinrich???

Also, thanks for the sparring, dude. It's fun and keeps it interesting.

19. hardeji

hardeji Member

Collison,

Collison will have a good year barring injury. It's debateable as to whether he has the quickness and hops to make it as a starter on an NBA team. With that said, look at Najara (Dallas via OU). He's turned into a very serviceable power forward and has shown signs of brilliance (in the playoffs). He'll probably never start, but he's gonna be a millionaire and will get 15"+ per game next year.

Collison's at least 50% better than Najara..... Nick's got better footwork and has bigtime post moves, with a respectable jump hook. Collison's also a little bigger than Najara and has a bit more athleticism.

Based solely on that, Nick might be a 10 ten pick, and, after a couple of years in the league, be a 15 to 18 minute guy. With hard work, that could increase. That'll get'em a $4 to $5 million/year contract after 3 in the league.

Not too damn bad for a kid from Iowa.

20. jevjnd

I don't mean head to head it's all in how the game is played, the NBA is more physical. I remember in one game, I can't remember which one exactly but Vincanity was dominated by some Baxter kid and that player was never drafted or anything, this was in the NCAA tourney too. I'll look up the Carolina tourney losses and find out, but my point is that there different. And by the way I never doubted that Collison is NBA material he's just not starting material, I'm glad that he'll make millions as for Hinrich I guess we'll have to see. I'll eat crow if he is successful yes I am inviting you to a friendly wager, I'll be glad to admit that I am wrong if in fact I turn out to be wrong.