1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming news

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roc Paint, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

from The Oakland Tribune:

Rockets' Yao Ming is the real thing.

When The Dream Team junior varsity takes on China at the Arena in Oakland on Thursday night, I'm sure the crowd is going to get a chuckle the first time Jermaine O'Neal blocks one of Yao Ming's shots, Antonio Davis over powers the nimble giant or Shawn Marion dunks on the big guy's head.

But when all is said and done, I'm betting there will be a far greater appreciation--from American players and fans--of the talent level of the Houston Rocket-to-be than we've gained from watching the various B-quality flim clips of the 7-foot-5 center in action.

It would no surprise to me if Yao, far and away the best player on the Chinese team, is the second-most productive center in the NBA next season as a rookie. As a Bay Area will observe Thursday, he can shoot the ball like Marc Jackson, block shots like Adonal Foyle and rebound like Eric Dampier.

None of those qualities earns you ALL-NBA honors--as any Warriors enthusiast is well aware. But put them all together in the same package and...well, suffice it to say Golden State has been looking for this guy for about 30 years.

In other words, we're not talking about Dikembe Mutombo here. This is a real athlete who just happens to be tall. Enjoy him.

Believe me, we will..
    Go Ming!! :)

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think this has been posted before, but its a nice article anyway.

3. wagner

wagner Member

4. aznlincolnpark

yup, already been post. it is all good :)