1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lost Season 6 (final season)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by peleincubus, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Smokey probaby figured that Sayid could be used as a pawn, and didn't figure Hurley to be that much of a threat, considering his fat.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I think I'm going to watch the whole Lost series again sometime this summer... I need to go back and figure somethings out that I thought would be addressed in later episodes. This will ease the fact that there is no more lost. But it's nice to just go back and revisit some of the great episodes.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The summary before the finale was a good watch. It's on iTunes for free as well, I downloaded it earlier.

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I'd like to do that as well but don't know the wife would be up for it.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did Jack and Penny even meet?

Maybe when Desmond come to pre-Heaven
    Desmond was like. . HEY JACK . . I'm here for you but here is the wife and kids
    I would have liked you to meet but well . .you died before you could meet them

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jacob Question: Before the end. When Hurley, Jack and everyone was there with Jacob's ashes . . . .
    Had Jacob ever appeared to multiple 'candidates' at the same time before then?

The only ones I can think of is the KWONs.
    [Which I think was more Jin and Sun because the flash backs
    seem more his than hers . . but i may need to rewatch it]

Rocket River

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Briefly, on the boat when Penny rescued the Oceanic 6 after the helicopter crash into the ocean at the end of Season 4/beginning of Season 5.

8. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

This may be a dumb question, but where were Michael and Walt?

9. Cannonball

No, I don't think so. All the flashbacks weren't and on island, Ben killed him before any of them saw him. After that, he only appeared to Hurley (except for the few time he came back in child form). So no, I don't think multiple candidates saw him before fireside chat.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Black people don't go to heaven unless they're married to white folk apparently.

11. Cannonball

Michael's soul is still trapped on the island. He's one of the "whispers". I guess when the Losties "created a place where they could find each other", they didn't reserve a spot for Michael.

Walt probably ended up there too, but he probably had his own experiences and people he cared about that he had to find to move on with. The Island was the most important part of our castaways' lives, but maybe that wasn't the case for Walt.

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Come to think of it, Ecko wasn't there either. Blatant racism!

13. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

hahahaha....excellent observation.

14. wink2cat

wink2cat Contributing Member

I was just sitting here listening to Eminem's new single out "Not Afraid", and really listening to the lyrics on the track. Then BAM, it dawned on me that this song could make a awesome track to a tribute video for Lost. Maybe Em was watching Lost when he wrote the track, lol.

15. Cannonball

I was listening to the "Geronimo Jack's Beard" podcast which is done by Jorge Garcia (Hurley). He told an interesting story about the scene in the finale when Flocke stabs Jack.

They used two knives in the scene, a real one and a retractable one for when Flocke actually stabbed him. Matthew Fox had to wear a pad under his shirt because apparently it still hurts to get stabbed by a fake knife if you're not wearing a pad. So they were trying different pads and they didn't think any of them looked good. They briefly debated about not using a pad but the stunt coordinator said no. Anyway, it comes time to film the scene and Terry O'Quinn fails to switch knifes or he grabs the wrong one or something and he stabs Fox with the real knife. It just so happened that the pad he was wearing was the only one with Kevlar in it so he didn't get hurt except for bruising. It was a close call.

16. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

you know i was thinking that with "my immortal" by evanesence

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I haven't rewatched the finale yet, but I guess the only letdown for me was Desmond's story. he was my favorite character in the LOST series. it wasn't that they kept him on the Island with Hurley and Ben to figure out how to get him home, it was that they built him and his unique powers up so much during Season 6. Him being The Constant. The Package. The Fail Safe. Him being the link between two worlds (before we knew what they both were)

according to Eloise Hawking, the most important thing he would ever do would be to turn that Fail Safe Key in the Swan Station.

according to Jacob and Charles Widmore, he himself was the Fail-Safe.

I guess all it took was someone to unplug that durned cork to give the MIB his mortality.

to me it seemed Jack could have done it, as he lived through the same contact with the magic pond water that Desmond did.

so what was so special about Desmond afterall?

#1677 across110thstreet, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  18. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

Des was my favorite on the show too. I wasn't let down about his story though. He was important in the sideways world too. He was the waker to let folks know it was time to reconnect, wake-up, and realize it was time to "move on".

I'm with you on the whole magic pond though. I can't explain how Des was special in that case because it appeared Jack survived the pool once he plugged it up. Maybe Des was the only one who could have survived unplugging it to begin with?

I did think it was particularly meaningful that Jack told Des that Des did enough already and that he had a wife and son to go back to and sent him off with a farewell of "see you in another life brutha" :).

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

So what did Charles Widmore want with the Island after all? Also trying to reconnect with people over there?

20. Cannonball

First, I'm sure Ms. Hawking said that the most important thing he'd ever do was push the button, not turn the fail safe key.

I don't think Jack could have removed the plug. The electromagnetic energy wasn't there when Jack plugged it back up. When Desmond went down, he seemed to be struggling, just like he was when Widmore pumped that massive amount of EM energy through him earlier in the season. I don't think anyone else could have survived long enough to unplug it.

As for Jack, maybe he was washed out of the cave before all the EM energy built back up.