1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lost Season 6 (final season)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by peleincubus, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

#1621 Cannonball, May 24, 2010
    Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

3. Cannonball

For those who are interested, Damon and Carlton did a talk with the New York Times last week and it was broadcast to theaters across the US and Canada. I had read a review of it but it contained a few spoilers (nothing major I don't think) so I didn't post it here. Anyway, it's up on YouTube and I'm watching it now. It's in 11 ten-minute segments (maybe more, I'm on the 5th one). I thought some of you might be interested. It's been real interesting so far, especially their comments on Nikki and Paolo.

Here's the link to the first video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2q8a8X7i_0

4. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

Well we have several clues:

For one Ben's mother visited him on the Island. Now we can definitely suspect that was indeed MIB and not a ghost of his mother.

2nd, Ben found out about the cabin. It was supposed to be Jacob's but given the circumstances I think we can surmise that this was MIB's. I think this is further evidence that MIB was corrupting Ben and eventually used that as a way to turn Ben on Locke because Locke heard someone speaking to him (apparently MIB).

3rd Ben says himself in "What They Died" for that he realized that he had been summoned by MIB all along all those years and just didn't know it.

5. Cannonball

Something I just thought of:

Miles was one of the ones who escaped on the plane. He still has the bag of diamonds he dug up from Nikki and Paolo's grave. Hmmmm.

6. YaosDirtyStache

Everyone on the plane minus Lapidus got a gift of some sort.

Kate- Knowing Jack always did love her.

Claire- Reunion with her baby

Miles- Millions of dollars of Diamonds.

Alpert- Final Mortality.

Lapidus- Knowing how to throw away a walkie-talkie.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If we think of Lost as a souped-up version of Survivor, Miles wins it.

8. YaosDirtyStache

Yea, for real. I liked the sad but redemptive ending...fitting tribute to the ride we have been on.

I am just glad they didnt leave us with a cliff hanger ending, or something stupid like the Sopranos.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Now that we've got 24 hours to soak in the finale, how would you rank the seasons?

Personally,

S1 > S3 > S4 = S6 > S5 > S2

the 1st season will always be the best and most memorable for me. Then while the 3rd season dragged on for a bit towards the middle, it was totally redeemed by the finale. Right now I can't seem to decide between season 4 and season 6. Season 4 was more consistent amd had some great episodes, but not that good of a finale. Season 6 had some duds, but also some good ones, plus the finale was great (though now looking back the last 10 mins are somewhat disappointing). Season 2 introduced a bunch of characters I disliked (Eko, Ana Lucia, Libby) so that's why it's below them all.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

11. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Here is something cool. There is a short story called An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge. Its about a confederate soldier who is being hanged. He has an alternate reality hallucination in the seconds before he dies. The book is shown in the episode The Long Con.

The story ends "a blinding white light blazes all about him with a sound like the
    shock of a cannon--then all is darkness and silence!"

This is how lost ends. Jack is in the flash sideways church. Then a blinding white light blazes all about him. Then a close up of Jacks eye. He closes his eye, and then darkness and silence.

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Who was that blogger that someone linked to after the second or third to last episode? I remember really enjoying his/her analysis and would love to read that person's take on the finale.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

S4>S1>S6>S5>S3>S2

Season 4 had Keamy villainy and Ben moral ambiguity kickass goodness. Pretty much every single episode delivered in spades, especially the Constant. Season 1 needs no introduction. Season 2 was the worst, for all the reasons you mentioned.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

Corrected.

15. dmc89

dmc89 Member

The strongest season (by avg episode) was season 1.

I didn't care as much for the storyline of season 2 (the hatch) and season 3 (the Others).

Season 4 (freighter ppl and returning to the Island) started to make things confusing for the average viewer with flashbacks and flash-forwards with discussions of time-travel. Really enjoyed it nonetheless.

Season 5 (1970s and the present) was great too. And season 6 really dialed up the faith vs. reason/fate vs free-will theme as well finally showing some of Island's history.

For someone like me who is a fan of sci-fi, and studied history, philosophy, and religion in undergrad, this show was much more enjoyable and appreciated. I think one of the reasons its audience numbers declined was that it went over most Americans' heads - which is a shame since hopefully future network TV shows won't be discouraged from these lower numbers or shy away from high production values, solid writing that doesn't jump the shark, and addressing complex themes that delve into science and faith.

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Lol, he must have done that yell-into-the-walkie-and-throw-away-without-waiting-for-a-response thing like 5 times. I loved the "chesty" and "burt reynolds" nicknames Sawyer had for him.

I think it would be ideal if they created some post epilogue show, like their summary episodes, but in this one they could attempt to at least clear up some of the science aspects or bigger mysteries. Outrigger, the island's do-it-all powers, electro magnetism.

I know in the end that it's about the bonds created and whatnot, but they went full emotion on this finale, and it was a home run undoubtedly, and it seemed like they (the writers) thought they could get a free pass from explaining anything after dedicating a whole (albeit weak) episode to the island and Jacob. Of all this talk about the island containing evil, and it being a cork literally and figuratively, the only real evil came from humans.

All of season 6 was building up to some good v. evil showdown, while the flash-sideways were more of a novelty. And then in like 2-3 episodes the tables turn completely and the purgatory stories become super important while the fate of the world became a backdrop. The show went from drama to sci-fi and now back to drama. But like I said they worked the drama here perfectly, and I can't complain at all about that part . But it was a part of a whole.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

And thanks for the read Cannonball, you've been a great contributer to this thread and really cleared up a lot for me since season 6 started.

18. Cannonball

Probably Vozzek. I haven't seen his recap yet, it may take longer to come out due to the length of the episode and the fact that it was the last one. But I'm still checking the lost sites and I'll post it when it comes out.

No problem. I just love this show.

19. Cannonball

Here are Darlton's (pre-taped) comments on the finale.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nagGI_s13sQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nagGI_s13sQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

20. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

But that's the beauty of it all. It's like being able to stare at Van Gogh's "Starry Starry Night" and interpret the meaning of it all. They want us to reflect on just those things like "what is evil and the nature of evil?".