1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Am I the only one that does not want Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by returningfan, May 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I agree with this. There's something missing with Bosh. How is it that his team is still almost as good as it is with him than it is without him (when he was injured). You'd think having a prime time talent, like Bosh or a break the bank for type player would make the team good enough or competitive in the weak Eastern Conference. Just look at Milwaukee and Miami. I also do not think he is much of dirty work type player (not all elite players, but that's usually what separates the best ones from the really good players). I think Bosh is simply a really talented player in a system that favors his game and nothing more.

I disagree with DD to a point, I think you can break the bank or give a number of quality pieces for the right player. I certainly do not think Chris Bosh is one of them. Especially, we've seen far better players go to another team for much less.

I would break a team in half for a player, like KG in his prime or some of the HOFs, like Dream, Wilt, Kareem, and others at their best. Those players that can take you from being one of the worst teams or a simply mediocre team into a team more than capable of challenging for a title.

But when a center as old and worn down as Shaq called him the RuPaul of big men, and look at his style of play. He's much better as 2nd to 5th will guy whose only job is to score, maybe play occassional defense. Sort of like Dirk, but Nowitzki is a clutch player/very aggressive scorer (sometimes) and can/will put a team on his back to help them win, if he has to. I think Bosh is softer than Dirk, while their games are similar in certain areas. I believe Toronto could win more games with Dirk than they have with Bosh.

2. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Im about to say the CRAZIEST thing ever said on this bbs.

I think we are getting Lebron. Here are my reasons quickly(wife screaming at me)

1.morey from ohio can relate to bron

2.sign and trade gets bron more money, he also wants 1 billion $ and tap into world market

3.yao =world market (also nets, but they will suck even with proporov for awhile)

4.bron might not want to be compared to jordan by joining bulls, if he doesnt win 6 rings, he will be deamed "lesser" to mj

5.he loves ariza, its documented,and yao (he did commerical with yao)

6.i had a dream 2 months ago very vivid,i had the same type of dream in 2001 that mj came back and no one believed me at the time,he did the next yr with wizards

7.he might want big market, but knicks,nets,all suck. he also wont want to be on wades team because then they share the spotlight. lebron wants all the spotlight

I REALLY think Morey surprises the hell out of all of you, even Clutch , and gets Lebron.

Brussard (close friends with lebron) said today Rockets are possibilty.

hill,picks,battier,cash for bosh
    brooks,martin for lebron

lowry/llull
    lebron/taylor
    ariza/budinger
    bosh,scola
    yao,hayes,brad miller

3. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

bosh would be great.

it all depends on what we have to give up to get him. if we have to trade the farm and ruin next year's playoff run with yao, then the answer is NO.

i'd rather see this current team + #14 pick instead of say... giving up aaron brooks to get bosh.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's a pretty interesting take.

LeBron's salary for 10/11 (aka Max Money) $16.8 million

Battier $7.3 million
    Martin $11 million
    #14 or whatever pick the Rockets buy this year

Battier's salary comes off the books and they get a scorer in return.

JJ Hickson
    Jamison
    Battier
    Martin
    Mo Williams

Not world beaters but that team should be able to get into the playoffs in the East IMO. They can then use the #14 or whatever pick the Rockets buy on a project at the center position.

Bosh's salary for 10/11 (aka Max Money) $16.8 million

Jeffries $6.8 million
    Jordan Hill $2.7 million
    David Andersen $2.8 million
    Chuck Hayes $2.3 Million
    2011 Knicks Pick

They take on a lot of expiring contracts to get Jordan Hill and a potentially high Knicks pick in 2011, which is when rebuilding starts.

Sign Brenden Haywood to the MLE rather than Brad Miller (personal preference)

Yao/Haywood
    Bosh/Scola
    Ariza/Budinger
    James/Taylor
    Brooks/Lowry

How can that team NOT win it all?? :rolleyes: :grin:

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

way to give a reason why?

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

No, you are not. He certainly would not be the first option for me, but he would be a nice pick up nevertheless, my biases aside. I am just not entirely fond of soft players who intentionally shy away from physical play...especially when those players are seven-footers who are supposed to 'play big.'

But again, he would be better than doing nothing, and not too many options out there either given the fact that we have next to no chance at landing Wade or Lebron in Rockets' unis next year. Our best case scenario comes down to two options: getting Amare or Bosh, or getting Joe Johnson. Neither scenario will put us over the top, but we would certainly be far more competitive with a solid 4.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I'm in the same boat, I don't want to deplete the bench to sign Bosh. So if that means giving up Battier, Jeffries, C Bud, Lowry, AB and draft picks. Please let's continue developing the young talent.

SIGNING BOSH DOES NOT EQUAL CHAMPIONSHIP LET ALONE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. All it means is playoffs and maybe a 2nd round win putting us into the WCF.

Imagine what AB, Lowry, Chase, JT, Hill, and #14 look like in 3 years. I would have to include Kmart.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They will look like a 2010 lottery team that is 3 years older.

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

You really should provide a better reason than that for not wanting Bosh on the Rockets. Do you not want to win?

10. djimi

djimi Member

well i kinda half hearted about having Bosh here, he's definitely not a max player but as some of you mentioned for the right price (or in our case since S&T is inevitable) i would consider taking him. you know everyone was excited about Tmac coming here, how sure are we history doesnt repeat itself? there's just too much hype going on about Bosh and reports have him wanting to go to LA. if say Raptors wanna take Lowry and some other pieces, would you do it? i wont. bosh is just not worth it. lowry plays with much more heart than bosh. will bosh make us championship contenders? i have my doubts. i watch a raptors game this season and they were playing Celtics, pierce drove to the baasket and "BAM", he gave Bosh a nice facial and all boah could do was look down like as if he was some 4 year old kid got his candy stolen. and throughout the whole game he played passive and they got thrashed by the celtics. when i saw that, i knew this guy aint worth it. it might just be one game but hey, if scola or even chuck gets slammed like that, u bet they will come back with a vengeance. i just have this strong feeling, bosh will just be Tmac part II. it looks good on paper but clutchfans will end up disappointed end of the next season and many more seasons to come. call me a pessimist if you want but i learned my lesson with Tmac. i rather have Amare or Boozer but honestly, im happy with our current starting power forward, luis scola. im sure a lot of you here will be criticizing me for saying all this but i rather have landry than bosh.....seriously!

11. kevtse

kevtse Member

I am with you!

Scola >>> Bosh

1 person likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah cause players never get better, especially when you add in talent like Yao etc.

DD

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

hahahah, yes I'm sure Yao in 2013 will be a real force to be reckoned with.

Can't bust up the core of the 42-40 juggernaut!

I got to give it to you though, I would not give up your annual offseason "tweak, no big moves! We are so close!" bullsh-t for anything.

I would not want us to have been deprived of classic DD moments like this:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=1436527&highlight=stand+pat#post1436527

1 person likes this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

16. devin23

devin23 Member

LMAO. IMO, bosh won't be a big upgrade mostly because he's not as sturdy as Scola. Why pay the max for someone who's going to be play at most 70 games a season? No thanks, we already have Yao for that...

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, and?

I mean, if everyone was right all the time what fun would that be? I find it more hilarious that someone took the time to go through posts from 2004 to find something to poke fun of me...

I mean what a waste of time that is......I think someone is obsessed.

Some seasons you should stand pat, others you should go for the ring....I think Yao's tenuous situation ties down the organization for one more year....

DD

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

SCOLAS HEART>BOSHS JUMP SHOT

lets get lebron james, seriously can someone please start a website, seems like thats the key to this whole free agency thing...

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would love to have Bosh in a Rocket's uni. However I would not want him here for the max money he demands.

So it's all relative, really.

20. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Bosh is not the answer to take us to the finals.

He is too weak, and mentally soft for this team. Look at what happened to McGrady.

Bosh couldn't even carry the Raptors team to the POST SEASON in the weak Eastern Conference. He plays no defense and if Yao never recovers, we will be stuck with his long term contract for a LONG time.

Getting Bosh also means the loss of Scola.

Losing Scola and gaining Bosh won't help THAT much to win a championship.