1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will the Wizards become relevant?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, May 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I read stuff about John Wall:

After reading how John Wall seems to be a good humble guy like Durant with good BBall IQ, it makes me want him to be successful in the league.

Sadly... I don't think he will win much with the Wizards. Their front office just sucks balls. Josh Howard trade was crap. Their coach is terrible. It just doesn't look like they'll be able to support John Wall enough.

What do you guys think?

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think you should provide a link! :)

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

same could've been said about orlando and cleveland before they got their star player.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

John Wall is the perfect candidate to be a turnaround catalyst. It will take a couple years for the Wizards to reset and surround him with a decent supporting cast, but I fully expect him to be a difference-maker from Day 1.

There's simply too many boneheads on that team (Howard, Blatche, Thornton, Arenas -- kind of).

5. conquistador#11

They should start by changing their name back to the bullets.

6. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Hum!

Miss Cleo was on Sportsnation and was asked to predict where Lebron will end up. Her psychic powers revealed that Lebron would end up in Washington.

Wall for Lebron? ;)

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The Wizards probably won't be good for at least a couple of years anyway. I don't think much of Flip Saunders, but it won't hurt if he coaches Wall for a year or two before getting canned. Wall is going to suffer for a while on a bad team like nearly every #1 pick. The benefit for him is developing his game will be the #1 priority for the team.

We have no idea what the Wizards will be like in a couple of years. For all we know, the new owner could be a genius and the next coach and GM might be outstanding.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

John Wall will have to be as much of a stud as Kwame Brown was a dud.

But I will want to shoot myself if both the Redskins and Wizards get into the playoffs while the Rockets and Texans don't.

9. Garner

Garner Member

The Wizards will become relevant when....

they change that goofy name to something legit. Bring back the Bullets!

10. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

That, sir... Would be too relevant.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Leonsis just became the main owner.

He's going to clean house. It might start with Wall, but Leonsis is gonna be as big a part of their cleanup as is Wall

12. Raven

Raven Member

He certainly has the proper attitude. This mores it even more critical to trade Billy the Kid as soon as possible. Preferably yesterday.

13. foodworld

foodworld Member

The Wizards' biggest need right now is at point guard, but at trainer. They've botched injury diagnosis and treatment like nobody's business.

1 person likes this.
  14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

You bring up an awesome point. I cannot comprehend how the NBA is a billion dollar organization filled with a hundred million dollar franchises, yet some teams cannot make proper diagnosis or treatment to player injuries. You'd think these teams would have world-class medical crews and trainers.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

4.0 ..! good for him, he seems humble, and down to earth guy, he has bright future.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

the redskins will get into the playoffs, but the Texans I don't see it happening.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we're looking for ball players not role models. I dont give a damn if he has tattoos ( kobe) unless he is from denver.

18. Gascon

Gascon Member

When they change their name again.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

They need another young "up & coming" player to go with Wall, perhaps Rudy Gay... they have the cap space, and it gives them a nice young core to built around John Wall...

They also need to find a way to get rid of Gilbert Arenas, Javaris Crittenton, Josh Howard ...

leaving them a Young core Roster...

John Wall / Randy Foye
    Nick Young/ Anthony Morrow(FA)
    Rudy Gay(FA) / Al Thornton
    Andrey Blatche / Gani Lawal (late 1st rd pick)
    JaVale McGee / Jerome Jordan (early 2nd pick)

--RB

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I don't think they have plans to spend on a Rudy Gay this year...they can hold until next season now and go after a FA then with another high pick.

I think Wall/Foye/Young/Blatche/McGee with Thornton off the bench is a solid start for such a crappy team last year. (Arenas is in there too...he'll be playing if they can't find some poor sap to take him off their hands)