1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming (vs. Canada) Video Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Aug 19, 2002.

1. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I have sound now after installed Nimo codec, but still don't have the image. Anybody know what' swrong?

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ok, I just uploaded the Real Audio/Video version... it's 16 megs and a bit lower quality, but still not bad to view. Let me know if it works.

If you unzip the file, then double-click the file, your Real Player may say that it can't recognize the file. Just go to File -> Open File in the Real Player menu, then find the file on your hard drive from there and open it. That worked for me.

Upgrading to Real Player 9 may also solve that problem.

Hope this helps...

3. aznlincolnpark

dat good you have the clip

4. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Thanks DoD for all the effort and 3814 for the original work. The real version works perfectly for me. Three plays perticularly impressive for me besides that famous dunk. 1) Ming takes away the ball literally off that dude's head for a steal without jumping, since he's THAT tall. 2) Ming take the ball from wing, after a series of fakes, move in to the basket. 3) The last play, that spin move is fluid and pretty. What was those stupid sports writers watching?

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Holy Crap! Those highlights were awsome! Thanks Chad, DoD, and everyone who made it possible. This guy is so agile for a man who is 7'5 and weighs close to 300 lbs. Did ya'll see that spin move! That was craaaazy!

6. WNBA

WNBA Member

That spin move is new to me. It shows how well he can control the ball . This guy is making progress everyday!

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Once again, 3184 and DrofDunk get the...

[​IMG]

8. red

red Contributing Member

michecon...those plays were sweet...im starting to drool thinking about the up and coming season...

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I could watch the clip finally. I was not surprised by Ming's blocking ability and shooting touch because they have become kinda well-known by now. I am very impressed by his mobility and speed. One time he took the ball away from the canadian center, ran up court like a deer as fast as everyone else including the point guards. Very impressive for someone who's 7'6" and 296 lbs. He also looks big, not just tall, among the other players.

#29 RocketForever, Aug 19, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2002
  10. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Thanks very much guys. I just watched the video. The first good video I've really seen of the guy. He is the real deal. I'm amazed at who agile and quick he is for a giant guy. He looked like he belonged out there and by no means looked clumsy or slow. He has offensive moves already that Cato and even Eddie can only dream of at this time. He,as another poster said, might very well lead the league in FG% and blocks or at least be among the leaders.

I'm now convinced we will be in the playoffs. Ming is just too good not to be a major addition to the Rockets' front line.
    With Eddie making great strides, Taylor back and Rice, too, along with a slowly improving Cato we are loaded upfront. That is all we needed to improve on our 45 win season of two years ago.

I just hope Steve and the guys saw this tape so that they can get excited and ready to be Yao's teammates.

Got to end this too long post as I have to see the tape again!

12. Sane

Sane Member

It's a good thing rockHEAD stmaped this thread. NOW I can start downloading without worrying.

13. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much for posting this DoD, and for filming it 3914 (?)!!!

I am so excited about bringing Yao here. He appears to have excellent skills, but an unpolished offensive game. He's doing the right stuff, just not in the most efficient or controlled manner. That spin move at the end was Dream-esque!

14. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

3814...the numeric spelling of chad...my name. a=1 b=2 c=3...

15. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Damn! Ming is better than I thought, and I already knew he was pretty good! I liked that block he had on Nash. Nash threw the ball up for a short floater near the basket and Ming just jumps up and grabs the ball out of the air. His spin moves and inside moves really impressed me also. I noticed he basically scored at will. I't didnt look like anybody could stop him if they wanted to. He's just too tall and too fast. I hope he can play like that against the USA team.

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Man he was getting mugged by the canadians. That spin move was awesome.

17. guest

guest Member

it says file not supported...
    wierd

18. guest

guest Member

d/l both..
    but can't watch both......... :eek:

19. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I just spent over 3 1/2 hours downloading the large clip on my dialup(was sweating it because msn disconnects a LOT).

Would not run on WMP, Realplayer(7), or Quicktime.

I have divx 3.1 installed and it doesn`t seem to be getting the job done.

I thought WMP would pretty much play all .mpg`s.

Guess not.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Did you try opening the Real Video file using the File menu instead of double-clicking it like I suggested?