1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how will ming do against usa?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevie Francis, Aug 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Stevie Francis

I mean will he dominate the game. Will he pump him self up to prove something to the world. But i say he will put up these type of numbers.

27pts,12reb,6bls,3asts.

Well at leats i hope he does that, then he will get noticed league wide.

Hopefully when francis see's or hears about yao awsome performance then he will respect yao mings game and welocome him like the leader he is.

2. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

12pts, 10reb, 2bks, 6asts.

3. wagner

wagner Member

16pst...12rbs...5bks...3ast........

he will BLOCK.....Jay's shot.....and just about 4 seconds later....Jay will steal the ball from YAO...:)

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

dont forget who will be guarding ming...ben wallace.

i say 12 points is about right.

his line should be:

12-4-4

he got 5 rebounds against canada. now he faces big ben.

5. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

Fouls out in like 15-20 minutes.

I expect 7 points, 4 rebs, 1 ast, 3 blks

if the canadian guards could contain the chinese guards, I'd hate to see what the US can do.

6. Panda

Panda Member

Considering that Yao scored something like 10 pts, 5 rebs and 2 blocks in just 15 minutes against Dream Team 4 two years ago in Sydney, I'd say he'll get at least 15 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocks in this coming event. Believe me, Yao'll get much much more fired up in the World Championship game than in a Canadian charity game.

7. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

MING will do just fine. It hard to predict, as long as he is playing with the Chinese team rather than us.

8. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

This years big men for the US are kind of weak, but it's hard to say. If they do a better job of getting Ming the ball with good posistion I think that he should score almost at will with that jump shot of his. Apparemtly it seems that people are seriously under-estimating his skills. One things for sure there is no Zo or Shaq there but Davis will bang on him. We'll see how he deals with that, hopefully he's not overly cautious just because he fouled out last time. Only time will tell but if I absolutely had to predict I would say 14 pts., 7 boards, 2 assists, and 4 blocks. Lastly I must state that I believe that he will dominate J Oneal if that's who he is matched up against, Oneal is not a banger and Ming would be able to use his strengths against someone who isn't a banger.

9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

You're setting yourself up for a big disappointment. Don't expect too much. I can already see all the negative posts because Yao doesn't dominate in this game.

I'd be happy with double digit points, six rebounds, three blocks. But more importantly than stats, I just want to see how he responds to playing against NBA players.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

USA team will let Ming have a very happy first show. It should be more than basketball.

11. Miggidy Markell

Big Ben is over half a foot shorter then Yao. Yes Ben is a great defender, no he will not stop Yoa, IMO.

12. tozai

tozai Member

It could be ugly. If USA presses China, I don't know if Yao will even be able to GET the ball. ON defense I hope he gets some blocks with authority and doesn't get embarrassed too bad. If he was impressed at all with a scrub on the Canadian team, then I'm pretty concerned. He's definitely going to be very tough mentally, because American players are physical enough and with INT'l rules, it'll be even worse.

13. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Ming will score 35 points 20 rebounds 3 blocks and no assists......Just you watch!:D

14. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

15 points, 7 rebounds, 4 blocks, 3 steals, 1 huge loss.

15. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

The canadian center, giving Ming problems, was only 6'6. Are you saying that Ben Wallace will not be as effective as a nobody in canada?

I will be optimistic and say 15 pts, 5 reb, 2 blks, but will be in foul trouble.

16. Believe2000

Believe2000 Member

It will probably be J.Oneal up against Ming and I have a bad feeling it is not gonna be pretty.

17. Live

Live Member

12 pts, 6rebs, 2blks, but with a high FG%, i.e. bad G play will limit his FG attempts.

I'd be shocked if he got 10 attempts.

18. guest

guest Member

will he be "perfecto" from the FG and FT again?

19. aznlincolnpark

He mite play like the canadian exhibition game again.. perfect fg and ft....

20. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Panda,
    At Sydney, Yao Ming played 16 minutes, and got 5 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 assists.