1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unreal Dream Video

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigSherv, May 14, 2010.

1. sw847

sw847 Member

lol cheers

I was actually just on my way out when i made the post lol, so cbf....hehe.

anway...thanks again.

2. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

Is there any video that compares the great centers: Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing, Robinson to show unequivocally who was the better player. I mean Dream was unreal, there still hasn't been anyone before or after that has that same skill set. The steals/blocks/passing/running the court and finger rolls are a combination that were just fun to watch. Everyone loved the dream shake, but I think I loved watching everything else a bit more. And, probably all done against the best big man competition the league has ever seen.

3. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

Great job. I prefer hip hop for basketball videos but your presentation was fantastic!

4. BigSherv

BigSherv Member

I was thinking the same thing.

So I don't have to make another post... man I really miss Yao. The man is so good. We miss you homey, see you soon!

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'll echo everyone's else thoughs on the "Successor" vid. Dream is no doubt the greatest and untouchable, but after this season, I'd almost forgotten how good the big guy we have coming back next year really is. Can't wait to see him back out there on the court.

6. Uprising

Uprising Member

GOD! After having a highly skilled by SLOW MOTION center for so many years now....when he plays....it just amazes me sooo much....Hakeem had such great foot work, and mechanics...and was soooo damn fast.

We were soooo spoiled. :(

With that being said....can't wait to have Yao back....and pray....for him to remain on the court playing. We'll go as far as Yao can carry us.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

:grin: no Doubt

8. Ryan Bowen MVP

I've had this video stored on my Zune for years. It always gives me the chills.

9. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

Thank You for sharing,,, The Legendary of the Dream

10. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Man at the start of 7:57 of the video ... that is one of the sickest post moves I have ever seen. Also at the start of 8:46, nice one fluid spin move which got Ewing glued to the hardwood was so nice. Dreams moves gives me goosebumps hands down one of the best centers EVER

11. the futants

the futants Member

I rarely venture into the GARM. This was worth it.
    Watching all this stuff as it happened back in the day was truly awe-inspiring. I feel fortunate to have been able to see some of the UH stuff live. That NBA draft seemed almost fake at the time. I still can't believe how well that worked out...

Thanks for sharing.

12. llc00ljoel

llc00ljoel New Member

These videos are great - reminds me why I used to scribble #34 on my kicks in highschool :)

13. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Yeah that is a sick video thanks for sharing :cool:

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member

can never tire of watching that man work, appreciate the walk down memory lane! :) :cool:

15. Bruce

Bruce Member

I used to think that ReasonSF3 video was some kind of masterpiece that required years of scouring the internet for Olajuwon footage to create, but then I bought this and found out its just that video with all the interviews cut out. Now I don't think so highly of it.

16. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

good god that man was awesome...

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, they changed the rules because of Houston's luck. As good as Dream was at UH, and he was amazing, I'm still surprised that he adapted so quickly to the NBA style of basketball. Think about it... 20.63 ppg/11.88 rpg/2.68 bpg/1.21 spg/1.35 apg at 35.54 mpg, while playing 82 games. http://www.clutchfans.net/players/hakeem_olajuwon/ That's coming straight out of college. Simply incredible. And we got Sampson the year before, who would have been a Hall of Famer had he not been injured, IMO, so they change the rules. We should be that lucky all the time! :eek:

Maybe that "excess" of luck led to the horrible luck that accompanied that Rockets team, when it looked like titles far into the future were right there for the taking, and almost everyone in the league, along with damn near everyone who followed it, expected those titles.

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There was only a reason why the Sumitt had so many consecutive sellouts back in the day: Hakeem.

I enjoy watching many sports: soccer, volleyball and bb. Nobody dominated his sport more than the great Hakeem. No homer here.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It was an absolute privilege watching Hakeem play all these years for our favorite team, all the while coming of age. How many people can say that?

20. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Member

It is indeed extremely rare to see a man of that size have that kind of agility. Un-freakin'-believable. Now, of the center who have played since the 90s, who is better, Shaq or Dream? :eek: