1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is LeBron James mentally weak?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LBJ-Tmac, May 6, 2010.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

That may be true but you can't simply do it by citing the number of turnovers, can you? Why are LeBron's turnovers a sign of "lack of composure", while Nash's more-frequent turnovers are a sign of "composure"

2. bkg

bkg Member

once again, i am not stating turnovers as the end all be all assessment of composure, but i think nash has more turnovers due to position and experience. nash has played more playoff games and as a PG he handles the ball way more. but like i said, its not what i would consider when i think of mental toughness.

lebrons turnovers, as well as his mailing in of game 5, the "elbow" excuse, and his behavior on court and in press conferences leaves me with the impression that he has a way to go in the mental toughness department.

i mean, straight up, if he had played inspired basketball and had a true "jordan -esque" moment, i would say i was wrong, he really laid it all out there, and he showed that he is a tough as nails competitor. but he didn't, so here we are.
    i just hated all the "this thread is stupid" stuff when it is a real concern. thats all

3. bkg

bkg Member

and i don't own a DVR and never seen kobe doin work.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Wait, so you are saying that a guy who handles the ball alot is naturally going to have more turnovers?

Revolutionary.

Why doesn't this excuse for turnovers apply to LeBron, because he is always deferring to DeLonte West to create? :confused:

Also I don't get what you mean due to experience. Nash has more experience so he has more turnovers? makes no sense. :confused: