1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Unverified]Houston Made An Offer To Milos Teodosic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, May 13, 2010.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Another round for Milos!

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

This.

Really, though, I think this is just DM doing his job. Not everything he does is important. I'm a long way from being excited about this. Maybe after the guy shows up in summer league, and kicks ass there.

3. droxford

droxford Member

Doesn't make sense to me.

We already have Brooks at PG, and we've said that we will absolutely re-sign Lowry.... so why would we be looking for another PG?

Now, you might say that Morey intends to utilize him as a discovered talent (like Scola) and use him as trade material, but why would any team consider put any weight in him considering he's never played the NBA game?

I don't get it.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i sort of agree, but i think they really want someone who shoots like nash, high ball IQ, but who is tall for a PG, so he cant shoot whenever he wants. They also want tough Pgs who can get to the line.

5. sbyang

sbyang Member

No way he's coming this year. He's a restricted FA. He plays for a team that has money to spend. His team will match anything the Rockets have offered. This is a play for the future. Morey is telling him about our serious interest for when this guy becomes a real FA. We'll be at the top of his list if he decides to come.

6. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

<object width="360" height="330"><param name="movie" value="http://fliiby.com/embed/gadget.swf?fileID=541962&fileShort=9ss8fwqvix"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/></param><embed src="http://fliiby.com/embed/gadget.swf" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="360" height="330" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="&fileID=541962&fileShort=9ss8fwqvix" /></object>

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This guy is already all of y'alls favorite Rocket. You all think you are experts on him as well. You guys...

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

superstar? No way...the guy can be a 25-26 ppg scorer on a stripped down team, but a superstar needs to do more than that. Brooks doesnt pass well enough or draw fouls well enough to be on that level. That's a big thing too. Morey is big on getting freebies and Brooks is horrible at it. And as much trouble as he gives others, he can be doubled fairly easily due to his size and forced to give up the ball.

We won two rings without a superstar at point. You're assuming we're left with crap at the point if we trade brooks, but we'd have lowry and he can start for a lot of teams now. Perhaps Lull or this guy could become a solid back up to lowry.

We all thought Morey wouldnt give up Landry, and look what happened. Like morey said, no one is untouchable, including Brooks. He happens to be our best trade bait as well.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I hear you. But perhaps Morey views Milos as a combo guard (he's 6-5), capable of coming off the bench and playing with Brooks, allowing Brooks to play more of a scoring role on offense and leaving the distribution and setting up of plays to Milos.

The Rockets do need a fourth guard next year (after Brooks, Martin and Lowry). Trevor, Shane and Chase are all small forwards that were playing out of position last year. And my guess is that a Euroleague MVP would be considered a better player than Jermaine Taylor is right now.

One other note, as far as Euroleague MVPs go, the NBA has a few of them currently playing in the league:

Luis Scola
    Marc Gasol
    Anthony Parker

Frankly, if the Rockets could get a young player the caliber of any of those guys, without having to give up any assets (other than cash), why WOULDN'T they do that?

10. Zfan

Zfan Member

It makes sense to me. AB is a very undersized SG. A good size PG is perfect match. If it's true, we get extra swingman to deal.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Need SamFisher's assesment

12. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Does this mean we are getting Chris Bosh?

13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

is this live or did you create him on 2k? Where did you get this!!

14. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

If i could rep you, i definitely would. Exactly what ive been saying for so long!

15. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Nice discovery. Euroleague MVP is no fluke. Any of these guys on cheap would be a steal!

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

According to "sporttime24.gr" - the official sports blog of the nation that is singlehandedly destroying the European Union due its extreme deadbeatness -, we are not only siging this guy, but Sofoklis Schortsanitis, A bunch of other guys whose name end in "-ros" or "-itis" and my favorite - Cindros. So this is effectively the Hoopsworld...of GREECE.

Hey, but on the bright side, if he does sign a 500,000 E contract, it will be worth about 5 bucks by this fall.

Now that's some moneyball!

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm pretty sure he could cut in in the NBA as a 3rd string PG.

Not sure how he would fare as a backup PG in the NBA if Lowry leaves.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

He looks solid from what little I've seen. I wouldn't mind it all if Morey managed to snatch him.

20. choujie

choujie Member

One of the PGs could get shipped out to get a star.