1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long will it be before Ming dominates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hottoddie, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I hope the Kings destroy the Lakers!

2. Stevie Francis

when did keon sign with the knicks, anyway, If the lak show does win again i say i also think shaq will pull a jordan retire.

3. guest

guest Member

NONONO... i wanna see Rox destroy the lakers........ :D

4. guest

guest Member

didn't he say he'll play for another 3 years???
    Jordan's got 6 rings.. I think shaq will want to match that too......

5. Sane

Sane Member

Lots of if's. But we all know that making miracle shots is Horry's game.

If you're going to put your championship hopes on Robert Horry not stabbing you with a dagger, then you'll never see the championship.....

So it's late in the game. Game 7. Kings up by one. Shaq is setting up, Kobe has the ball. Horry positions himself on one side of the court, and Kareem Rush on the other. Samaki Walker or Rick Fox are tugging and pulling inside, close to the rim. What in God's name can the Kongs do to stop the Lakers from scoring? They won't collapse on Shaw, because it takes 1 person to foul someone else. So they put the pressure on Kobe and one man on Horry. You better believe Rush will DRILL the wide open 3-pt shot. If they don't double team, Kobe's got it. If they do, Rush or Horry have it covered.

6. Sane

Sane Member

One final note. I'm not, by ANY stretch, convinced that the Kings will beat the Nets. LOL, that will certainly be one flop-fest at the C position. Seriously though, if not the Lakers, then the Nets.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

even if shaq retired 8 years from now there's still a void of dominating big men, since he's about it. what happens with shaq really makes no difference in yao's progress.

imo, he can be a big factor this year if all that work with the chinese national team doesn't drag him down. he's probably tired already but who can blame him. he's tall and he's got a shot, that alone is a difference maker. couple that with a desire to learn and he looks good. i don't know if he can dominate like dream did or even duncan now but with steve, cat and eddie, he doesn't have to. i predict perennial all-star appearances by his fourth year, maybe his third.

8. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

if I had a pair of X chromosomes, I'd have 2 boobs plus accessories to play with and I would never leave the house:D

9. Stevie Francis

if shaq wants to win 6 rings the he better get into shape. I don't hink he will work that hard it hink he is already happy with what hes done.

10. LakerMania

LakerMania Member

Time to get the "T" key fixed on your keyboard

#30 LakerMania, Aug 19, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2002
  11. Sane

Sane Member

I think Eddy Curry, Desagana Diop, Magloire, Marc Jackson, and Theo Ratliff, and Keon Clark are the next generation of C's. I know some of those names won't appeal to you, but here is what reports say:

Diop is working hard, REAL hard. He's lost some weight and is getting back to fitness. He's also been doing some work on his offense. With a body like his and a good work ethic, you can't go wrong. Eddy Curry already showed flashes last year, but again improved. I think by midseason he'll be great, and next seaosn he'll be a candidate for the All Star team. Magloire showed he's an EXCELLENT C last year, very efficient. Goes to the line alot, blocks shots, grabs rebounds by the bunch, and can score. Ratliff is apparently back to full health, and we all know what he can do when healthy. that leaves Marc Jackson. Apparently, he too has shed tons of weight, and is in perfect playing shape. He has game. He can score with power, and he can hit the J. he's no Dennis Rodman, but he's a decent rebounder with size.

Throw Yao Ming and Olowokandi into that mix, and you have a group of C's that put thos past few years' crop to shame. Seriously, the C position will become seriously competitive.

Personally, I think Ming and Curry will dominate in that group.

12. Stevie Francis

jamal maglor, no way. I think diop has a shot at being good but i havn't seen how he moves. it really sucks.

13. Sane

Sane Member

You obviously haven't seen Magloire recently. He's excellent. he just got real good, and the Hornets know that he's part of their future. That's why Elden Campbell, despite having a good season, isn't untouchable.