1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Movie] X-Men:First Class

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by eveluvsrox, May 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I saw a couple of clips on Youtube and Chloe Moretz totally is kicking my ass. Can't believe she uses the word "c*nt". Now that's badass. I also saw a couple of clips of Vaughn's "Layer Cake" and so far he's a very capable director.

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

Just seems weird that Vaughn would do this after basically being kicked off of X-Men 3 by Fox.

Wolverine was better than I expected it to be.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I think they botched the trilogy, made us wait all the way until the third movie until we got to see the group fight seen and even then half the group was missing.

What I read about X men first class is it will be mostly the story of magneto and professor X. Who would watch a movie about them? Its going to be boring man.

4. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

YOu saw a couple clips? You cheapo. Here you go

http://www.movies-links.tv/movies/kick-ass/

Full movie. Rep me please. I tired of being Lowery

3 people like this.
  5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

He wasn't kick off. I'm pretty sure he left. It's well known Rothman is a total d!ck at Fox.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Hopefully it's more of a reboot than a prequel. What's funny is that Vaughn was originally supposed to direct X-Men 3 but quit because he thought they were rushing the movie to make a deadline without putting any time into proper pre-production and a proper script which is evident in how crappy the movie was but obviously didn't bother the average movie goer.

He was also supposed to direct Thor at one point. It's amazing to me that Fox would hire him given the position he put them in by quitting 2 weeks before filming.

7. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Yes!!

8. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

X2 was awesome. It had its flaws, but it is my favorite superhero movie just behind The Dark Knight. The third one however was garbage. If it were a rapper it would be named T-Rash.

It was basically the Wolverine movie featuring Storm and Beast. They killed off good characters for no real reason and never developed anyone else. It would have been nice to see some depth to Colossus and maybe bring in Gambit. That movie should have been outstanding. It followed the Spiderman trend. Ok first movie, fantastic sequel, horrendous third movie. How do you mess up Dark Phoenix or Venom? :mad:

On the original topic, I will probably check this new one out with hope that it will be decent.

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Finally saw Kick-Ass and Mathew Vaughn is a very capable director and have a great action choreographer fighting team. But if Fox is going to push him around I say he should leave them and hopefully getting show finance to work on the next Kick-Ass. But I preferred that he should be the number one guy to take Brian K Vaughn's comic Runaways.

I only wish Nolan's Batman can be as cool as Big Daddy(action coolness).

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

What? The 3rd movie was so terrible I pretend it doesn't even exist. I walked out of the theater wishing I hadn't wasted 2 hours of my life.

I also don't understand people who loved the Sabretooth portrayal. The guy is supposed to be a constant stream of sarcastic, disdainful comments... one of his biggest weaknesses is supposed to be that he just can't shut up. But in the movies, he spends basically all his time snarling and mumbling, as if he isn't able to talk at all.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think we were referring to the Sbretooth portryal in Wolverine, not the x-men trilogy. It was very different

12. Drexlerfan22

I don't think it's fair to judge the "average movie goer" by saying "well it grossed the most, so people must have liked it the most."

Think about it: no one can judge a movie before they see it. The first 2 movies showed an upward trend. Having seen the first two, most people thought, "hey, I liked those, so I'll go see this third one," plus they brought their friends along, etc. The fact that the gross went down for the Wolverine movie is, to me, a reflection of public opinion about the third movie.

Same thing with videogames as well: when Xenosaga I came out, it sold extremely well because people loved Xenogears so much. But it was a disappointment, so half as many people bought Xenosaga II. Xenosaga II was such a miserable failure that even FEWER people bought Xenosaga III... even though Xenosaga III is near-universally considered to be the best of the trio in the court of public opinion.

So, long story short... sales numbers for entries in a series are more a reflection of opinion of the previous entry, since no one can tell the future.

#32 Drexlerfan22, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  13. Drexlerfan22

Ah, thanks for letting me know, I honestly wasn't aware. I had no desire to see Wolverine, given how off-put I was by the utter terrible-ness of the 3rd movie. I was just talking about the trilogy. Glad to hear they got Sabretooth right once at least. :)

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Never stopped talking? sounds like you have him confused with DeadPool.
    The Merc with a Mouth as they call him
    [He was in the Wolverine movie too]

Rocket River

15. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I know Professor X and Magneto are two of the most polarizing X-Men characters but man is Professor X boring. A movie about a crippled guy that just reads/controls peoples minds sounds like a snooze-fest

16. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

From what I understand, Professor X is actually super powerful, but rarely uses his telepathy in that magnitude. I would imagine the movie would be more than just his story.

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Thats exactly what makes him so boring! He's always whining and complaining about how mutant powers should be used

18. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

You don't even know what the hell you're talking about. There's a unique characteristic of each characters and they all balanced each other out. That's why X-Men 3 was a POS because it's a terrible action movie without a proper story. All his scenes in X2 were fantastic.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He may be able to walk in the movie. Depends how far back they go. I hear X-Men 4 is still possible in the near future. All 1 big mess man.

20. Drexlerfan22

Every comic I've ever read with Sabretooth in it, he absolutely cannot shut up. Heck, same was even true of the classic Saturday morning cartoons. These X-Men movies are the first time I've ever seen him reduced to a slobbering moron.

If he's not taunting his prey, it's not a good Sabretooth.