1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you rather...?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beck, Jun 24, 2000.

1. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I read someone mention trading Bryce to Chicago for two early 2nd rounders this year. Would you rather do that or trade Drew for the 24th pick? The Bulls picks are early to mid 30's plus we already have the 39th pick. That would give us 4 picks in the top 39. It might be a good idea because of the number of high schoolers in the draft. If they fall to the 2nd round, ala Rashard Lewis, we could get a steal.

------------------
    - Beck

Dream...bring back the goggles

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have the 38th pick.

If we could have 32 and 33, I'd take that over 24, unless someone like DeShawn Stevenson were at 24, or if we had traded Cato, and N'diaye was available at 24.

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

3. ulysses

ulysses Member

I like Drew a lot, but he fits best with a team that has a dominant low post player. Chicago has such a point gaurd in Maloney. To be honest, the teams I see being most interested in Drew are the ones that we don't have much to gain from: LA, SA and the like. I think Drew is worth more than a 24th pick.

------------------
    G

4. pakirocketfan

pakirocketfan Member

I think i would give away drew for the 24th, after all, we have nuthing to lose. He is completely worthless over here. We should send him to some place where he can help, and maybe even get sumthing back in return.

------------------

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

We may regret it down the road but what about Drew to Utah for #23? Bryce is the perfect player to replace Hornacek.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Outlaw u must hate Drew?

------------------
    MANGO - Get in my BELLAY!

7. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

i dont know where should go but , he cant be on our roster when the season starts, we'll have moochie, steve, cuttino, shandon, and possibly dermarr all sharing gaurd time.

off the subject, if you want to run and manage your own team go to this site:
    http://nbagmleague2000.homestead.com/Main.html

the heat,spurs,wizards,hornets,timberwolves, and warriors are still available. hurry up!!

you have to email tha commish to pick the team you want.

------------------
    johnny "red" kerr:i'm glad the bulls did'nt draft steve francis.

dan roan: why!!!!!

johnny red kerr:because he would forever be compared to michael jordan.

[This message has been edited by brahma rocket (edited June 25, 2000).]

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have nothing to say, but if any one gives me some money, I'll mention your name in every post - even if I have nothing to add.

Hooked on phonics.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000

9. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

or how about Bryce to Indiana to #27?

------------------

Draft Moiso. Trade Moises.

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

TheFreak,

I can always hope that the Rockets get 2 second round picks for Drew. If I was in charge and was offered just one second round pick, probably could sign off on that if it wasn't too far back in the 2nd round. Playing garbage time minutes won't increase his trade value, so the sooner he is traded, the better.

Mango

------------------

Eat more spinach!
    Live long and prosper!
    Donate blood!

Smeg will be assimilated.

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

There is NO WAY Bryce Drew is worth a first-round pick. Nor is he worth two 2nd-round picks. I would consider us lucky if we could get one 2nd-round pick for him. Am I the only one who realizes THE GUY IS BACKING UP MOOCHIE NORRIS? Moochie Norris was in the CBA last year for the majority of the season. He's now playing ahead of Bryce Drew.

------------------
    Too-Rye-Aye!

12. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

TheFreak-Drew is a better PG than you're giving him credit for. Personally, if I was starting a team, and you gave me a choice of Moochie or Drew, I'll take Drew 10 time out of 10.

Drew is a system player. Moochie is a one on one player for uptempo games, which the Rockets are, which is why he's a better fit for the Rockets.

I'm sure Drew would be a serviceable PG for many teams in the NBA, the teams that have a low post guy (such as Chicago).

------------------

Draft Moiso. Trade Moises.