1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

some suggestions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Jun 23, 2000.

1. alaskansnowman

I dont think Rogers is all that bad. If he was to keep from gettin injured, he would be a good contributor. I think everyone has forgotten Rogers's hustle and heart. Rogers is one of those people who hustles every play and gets loose balls and rebounds. What's so bad about that. And unlike Pig Miller, Rogers has the athletecism to turn that hustle into rebounds and points. Plus Rogers is a tall 6'11 power forward that can run the floor. I think he is a pretty decent bench contributor. And he's prolly working on his game just like Cato is. IN Portland, he wasnt happy, and there wasnt much motivation to work on his game... now there is.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Go ahead and laugh but Tony Massenburg was a fairly big part of the Francis trade , he averaged in double digits his previous year. If he sticks around in Houston and is healthy I defineately see him as being better than any of our currents power forwards in the post. Just look at all those muscles .

3. the-a-train

the-a-train Member

ok, kt a starter? lmao! [​IMG] sure i think that kt has game, but come on! jalen rose? were u in some third world country during the finals? Ok, enough of that. Anyway, y all of yall hatin on my boy CRog? the guys really good, and is a blue collar worker. u don't expect him to be travis knight or anything do you? but back to the original topic, theres no reason to hate on kt. hes not a supsta, not a great player, but a good player? i can see that. but dont expect the guy to hold the likes of ROSE. LOL!

------------------
    Chugga, Chugga, Chugga, WOO WOO!!!!

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Ziggy, Mass is good off the bench but they need a quick PF to be able to run with them for a bulk of the game. KT and Los are that quick duo. The Rocks will and should keep Mass but he will not start. GO KT!! [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

5. ulysses

ulysses Member

I love KT as much as anyone else, but at this stage in his carear he is not a starter that fits well with a team trying to break into the playoffs in the west. we would do better with a draft pick or keeping 'Los at the 4. KT has a lot of great points, including some huge rebounding games. The problem is that he can't bring it in every night. While he can do 20+ one night, another he can do about as much as my grandma. (No offense grandma.)

At the same time I'm a big fan of C-Rog. he works hard and anyone not inspired by his biography can eat the... well, i guess self censorship has its place and time. The point is, KT is not a 3, nor a starter at the 4. He's too buky to compete with the quickness that a lot of the swingmen who play 3 have. Remember, Clyde was considered a swingman. Can you imagine KT trying to gaurd the glide? As a 4 starter he would be up against the likes of da Kid, C-Web, wallace and malone night after night. Even the "second tier" western PF include gouliata (or however the hell you spell that guy's name), vin baker, and McDeyss.

KT is an important part of the team, but everyone has his place. If we want to make the playoffs, KT should come off the bench.

------------------
    G

6. pakirocketfan

pakirocketfan Member

I agree with Snowman, Carlos is definitely a big contributor if he doesnt get injured. He is a tall, quick, PF like garnett and rasheed. There is no way KT can play the 3, he will just get beat off the dribble every play.

------------------

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Moiso is better than Rogers.

Things are so confusing. First everyone disses Moiso for being "Los clone" now everyone praises Los? I'm lost.

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

People keep saying Los would be great "if he doesn't get injured," but let's face reality: he's going to get injured. He always does. He's been in the league since '94 and has yet to play more than 56 games. At 28 and as injury-prone as Rogers is, he shouldn't be included in any of the Rockets' plans IMO. Also, I have read on a couple of sites that Rogers is not getting along with Rudy T.

------------------

9. alaskansnowman

Things are so confusing. First everyone disses Moiso for being "Los clone" now everyone praises Los? I'm lost.

The reason everyone's praising Los is becuz he does all the garbage work, hustles every play, and puts forth a lotta effort. Moiso, from what everyone says, is exactly the opposite of that. While Moiso may have more talent, he seems not to have the hustle/work ethic from what everyone's been saying.

I dont see why everyone thinks Moiso is a "Los clone" anyway. They're just built similarly but that's all. Moiso's got better offense and a better shot.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Moiso's good but don't count out Los. [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS