1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

some suggestions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJ, Jun 23, 2000.

1. DJ

DJ Member

The Rockets should draft Jerome Moiso. The starting lineup would be Cato at center Moiso at the power forward position Kenny Thomas at the the three Shandon Anderson at the 2 guard and Steve Francis at the point guard. If the Rockets put Kenny Thomas at the small forward position Kenny will be able to post up the thinner small forwards such as Jalen Rose and Latrell Sprewell. Kenny Thomas can average 18 points a game and would cause problems for the opponents. Jerome Moiso is a good jump shooter. Jerome Moiso is also a good rebounder and the Rockets really needs a good rebounder. The main guys off the bench would be Moochie Norris, Hakeem Olajuwon, Cuttino Mobley and Walt Williams. The Rockets will definetely make the playoffs next year.

------------------

2. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ayiyiyi!!!

KT will NOT average 18 points per game.

So, KT can post them up....then they'll put in someone new.

And when Rose runs circles around KT?

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

3. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

The only problem Thomas is going to cause other small forwards is the uncontrollable laughter as they fly by him going to the hole for a layup.

Ever play one-on-one with your buddy, fake him out of his shorts, and then try to keep from laughing as you attempt the layup? It's not easy. But Grant Hill and Latrell Sprewell are professionals, and I think they'll manage.

------------------

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Keep KT at his position, PF.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

5. Miggidy Markell

Why not have Kenny on the bench and put Carlos at the 3 or Walt.........bugger it just pick Moiso that will do the team alot of good.

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

6. Miggidy Markell

By the way Tb-Cain I think I got that uncontrollable laughter from reading your post. [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

7. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Miggidy, KT is too good to be on the bench.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

8. alaskansnowman

I agree with Dean. KT is good... no bench time for him.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

9. Francis3

Francis3 Member

KT I like him but not all that. First off this team will never get anywhere with KT as the starting PF. We have to get someone bigger that can play good every night. Kt will be the future bench pf but not the starter.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Francis3, This team is productive with KT. Kenny fits the team chemistry and is able to run with the rest. KT can grab boards, shoots, and posts up, he's a great fit for the Rocks. The duo of KT and a healthy Los at the PF spot is what the Rockets need for success.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited June 23, 2000).]

11. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

A duo of Moiso and Fortson would be twice as good.

Just food for thought.

------------------

12. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

KT is much better than Danny Fortson.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

13. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

Dean-Whoa, run that by me again? Did you just say Kenny Thomas is better than Fortson, a guy who averaged MORE rebounds than KT did in his mere 15.6 minutes. Fortson in 30 minutes will average 12 boards. KT in 30 minutes MIGHT average 8.

Fortson averaged just 1.7 less PPG, and considering he played 9.4 minutes less, Fortson's a capable scorer. Fortson had a nice 52.8% FG%. Look at last year, in the 50 game season. Fortson averaged a double double. 11.6 boards, 11 points, playing 28.3 minutes per game. He averaged 10 ppg his ROOKIE year, in less time than KT got this year. He has a significantly higher FT%. He's a scrappy player down low to nab the boards, and has a halfway decent post up game. Considering he's never gotten a chance to play really, those are quite good numbers. KT's not half the rebounder he is being made out to be, because of 1 20+ rebound game, he's now the next Barkley? He's only 1 year older than KT as well. Fortson-Moiso would be a very good PF tandem. When playing teams like LA without a dominant PF, Fortson can take the lion's share of minutes, and rack up the boards. If we were to play a Portland, Moiso could look Wallace in the eye, something not many PFs can do.

------------------

Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

oh please, Rogers sux.

KT is an awesome bench player.

A mediocre starter.

And KT is not waayy better than Fortson. Not yet.

Rocks arent going to make anywhere in the playoffs, IF they make it, with the walking mismatches of KT and Rogers.

------------------
    No signature for you!

15. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Danny Fortson had one good season for the Nuggets. Having a best friend love the Celtics I've watched Boston play this season. Danny played well with limited minutes but Kenny still has my vote. I guess it's biased loyalty. GO KT!!!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

16. NIKEstrad

Supporting Member

I think I'll add a few points.

Neither KT nor Fortson, barring vast changes to either are that mystical "answer" at the 4 spot, both are best used with a "package".

Having Moiso or a Croshere or Rasta Monsta with either would be the key. Moiso has the talent and potential to become the "answer". Whether he will or not is another story, but leaving him out to sink or swim with Rogers the nearest back up in sight, is definitely not a smart idea.

But because of that, I tend to like a backup who is highly skilled in 1 area. Fortson is definitely a highly skilled rebounder.

------------------

Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

ohhh, as long as its biased, okay!

I like KT though too, but the frontcourt could use an upgrade. They were abused in a lot of games last year. PF is easier to upgrade. If the Rockets DO draft a PF, then I still want KT to start, but hopefully have the draftee playing well enuff to take the starting role eventually. But I think KT could be a very pivotal bench player. Mobes AND KT coming in as sparks off the bench getting good minutes? That would be awesome.

BTW,
    Walt is da man!

------------------
    No signature for you!

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited June 23, 2000).]

18. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Crisco, I do agree with you on one point, The Wizard is the man. [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited June 23, 2000).]

19. Ningauble

Ningauble New Member

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I live in Boston and although the Rockets have been my team for a decade now, I get to see the Celtics all the time and have a certain affinity for them. With regards to Fortson, he is a great rebounder, and a better scorer than you would think although not a graceful one. But... the main reason he got minimal PT in Boston, and the main reason Pitino was looking to be rid of him, is that he struggles in an uptempo game. He is strong as an ox, but he will never be remembered for his foot speed. With the new system being built around Francis and other quick athletic players Fortson will struggle just like he did in Boston (and Boston's team isn't a fraction as quick or athletic as Houston's current roster IMHO).

Ning

------------------

20. dice7_11

dice7_11 Member

I’m not going to claim to be a Danny Fortson expert because I’ve only seen him play very few times. In the few games I did see him play in he looked too short to be our answer at power forward, he looked out of shape and was awfully slow running down the court, his vertical leap was not that impressive, he didn't have much of a post up game either. I don't think he has the athletic ability that this team needs at the power forward position. I’m sure he would be a great rebounder, which is what this team needs, but on offense I don't think he'll give us much and on defense he’s a liability because of his height.