1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[charlotteobserver]Blame Matt Bullard.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 27, 2010.

1. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Horry became the starter at PF after Thorpe was traded for Drexler. I believe the likes of Chucky Brown/Pete Chilcutt/etc...were all tried there before Horry took over the spot and Elie was promoted to starting SF.

During the playoffs when it counted, the starting lineup was Olajuwon/Horry/Elie/Drexler/Smith.

2. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

Sent: Tue 4/27/2010 2:56 PM
    To: Bonnell, Rick
    Subject: Elie

You misspelled Mario Elie's last name in your article titled 'Magic attacks inside-out'.

Subject: RE: Elie
    Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:33:15 -0400

sorry.

3. blunto

blunto Member

Whoa. I never thought of it like that. Still digesting.

I'm not suggesting that Howard is the second coming of Zo. Like I said, Zo was better. And yeah, the fact that he could face up from 15 ft is part of it. It's just the best single comparison I can come up with.

Kind of reinforces the silliness of the Shaq comparisons, which is the main thing that bugs me. Shaq is a future Hall of Famer, one of the 50 greatest, multiple MVP recipient, and one of the most overwhelmingly dominant offensive big men to ever play. Dwight Howard is a less good Alonzo Mourning.