1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I wish i could punch both the suns commentators!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robjos, Apr 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Are Bob Fitzgerald and Jim Barnett still the Warriors announcers? If so, no way. Those guys are boring. They are knowledgeable, fairly unbiased (not completely tho), but boring as hell.

2. Robjos

Robjos Member

i remember watching the toronto game and saying to myself, now these are comentators that are objective, cause they genuinely were throwing props to the rckets player after a good play... lakers not bad either, but the suns, and milwakee i heard somebody say they have good comentators, thats crap i remember in the last game they made bahamute or however u spell the name, seem like jordan... but i would have to agree celtics are the worst... actually portland are also anoying as hell...

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think teams should switch color commentators occasionally. For example, for this game, let Matt Bullard do the color commentating for the Suns and vice versa.

It'd at least be interesting.

4. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

I noticed the same thing. Clyde's mancrush on Amare last night was nauseating.

The Suns had a whole lotta benefitial whistles last night, from Aarons tech to Chuck fouling Amare ON the basketball time and time again.

LOL at muting Drex - I hope they shake up the telecast team next year as Bill has lost a step and Clyde is turrible, night in & night out.

5. battousai

battousai Member

someone should tell them:

"Look at Amare for one last time, because he ain't coming back to suns next seaon."

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

Of course he's coming back. He'll get a new filthy rich contract. Nash isn't going to be too pleased if he's left without his swingman finisher. And what Nash wants, he gets.

7. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Portland is super Homerific as well.....I can't stand listening to them.....

The suns broadcasts were much better when dan marleje was the color guy...We would often switch color commentators with them for one qrt and ive never seen us do that with any other team before.

8. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

I was watching in the middle of the third, and they seemed alright. I was thinking "these guys give a lot of respect to us". Then, after thirty seconds, they started disrespecting, especially after the nash three. After that, it was all crap.

9. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I can understand why they said "Chuck Hayes is too short," but I almost choked when they said the Chuckwagon is too slow. I'm sometimes critical of Hayes, but his big man speed is not one of my complaints.

10. cshen

cshen Member

Raptors' are pretty good as well

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I thought they were fine.....NBA league pass could fix this issue by just giving us a choice on which feed to watch...most of us would choose the home teams announcers.

DD

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Raptors were pretty good. As previously mentioned, the Knicks and Nets have decent announcers. The Lakers (surprisingly) are solid as well.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Every home announcer team is like that. It's their job. Some are better than others- and some are even locals from birth. They could give Fox News staff a run for their money with their straight-faced bias. :D

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

being a homer is one thing, but not being knowledgable is another ...not knowing chuck hayes is one of the better defenders in the league is flat out horrendous.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

mine does DD... I have both sets of broadcasts on most games.. the exception is when the game is on MY20 in houston... then I only have the opponents announcers.

(stupid Astros)

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

The craziest thing they was

"Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin take so many jumpers that I bet Luis Scola and Chuck Hayes might be mad because they don't get enough touches".

Seriously Chuck Hayes angry about his lack of touches?

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

DD I thought that Amare surprised us by his play without Nash setting him up, especially when Nash was off the court? :p

18. BigBull17

BigBull17 Member

Not too many Rockets who take plays off.

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I thought they were fine. They actually seemed to know something about the Rockets, even if it was the standard storyline.

Also, wasn't the color commentator Eddie Johnson? He hit one of the most famous game-winning shots in Rockets playoff history. Cut the guy some slack!

The only really annoying comment was the bit about "The Rockets can see what a real playoff team looks like." But, in all honesty, if Amare was a Rocket, we would have all been drooling about the game he had last night too.

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Kind of makes you appreciate Clyde...