1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite clutch moments in Rockets history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Tree Rollins

Tree Rollins Member

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's gotta be The Shot. Knocked the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS out of the playoffs on their OWN COURT and put us in the finals -- when everyone thought the Rockets were still a year or two away from getting that far. Doesn't get much sweeter than that.

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Kiss of Death
    Olajuwon tip in to win game 1 of the 1995 NBA finals
    Olajuwon blocks Starks to get a game 7 in the 1994 NBA finals
    Eddie Johnson shot was amazing too.

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hW4uXlRGAF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hW4uXlRGAF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

did anybody forget what hakeem did to robinson, IMO that was one of the most clutch moments and one of the best individual performances of Rockets history

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzUv5_YFhPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzUv5_YFhPI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

and what about this one.

6. Gascon

Gascon Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0idEHGQFlP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0idEHGQFlP4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I still remember Gene Peterson going absolutely nuts when this happened. I used to love to turn the volume down on the TV and listen to Gene's radio commentary. The man went bonkers like nobody else. :grin:

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I always remembered this shot. I love Battier and Yao's reactions.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4J_pKLCiXnU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4J_pKLCiXnU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Tmac scoring all those points to beat the SPurs...

I think that was the greatest performance in NBA history and it will probably never happen again.

9. da_juice

da_juice Member

Kiss of Death

10. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

God is it just me, or should we definitely move back to the Summit/Compaq center!!! I loved that place. Greatest place to watch a basketball game.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what beating the spurs? we can do that without a bunch of desperation threes.

it's called "TEAMWORK"

you must think Episode I the Phantom Menace is the greatest Star Wars movie of all time or think that Cris Angel is best magician ever.

12. amaru

amaru Member

I knew Tinman would have a heart attack and aruge w/ anybody who mentioned "his boy"

Instead of staying on topic lol.

My fav. moment, that I saw, has to be the 22 game win streak.

*There wasn't much "teamwork" in that Spurs game. Remember nobody other than Yao or McGrady had over 5 points. Those two guys carried this team that night. It is what it is. :rolleyes:

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To be fair, a lot of the "new' generation don't know the emotion that older Rocket fans went through in the 90's. TMAC's 13 in 32 was pretty special but for us it's really just a blip on the radar compared to Elie, Cassell, Clyde and Dream.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Even you are a new fan it doesn't warrant
    this:

"I think that was the greatest performance in NBA history and it will probably never happen again."

15. nickb492

Everybody knows GOB is the greatest magician that ever lived.

[​IMG]

16. tinman

Supporting Member

part of me says that wasn't the greatest play in the history of the nba.
    unless you read the tmac's nba HIS-story.

Obviously my favorite moments were the championship years in the playoffs.
    I mean that's where they got this term "CLUTCH" City.

when tmac and yao got here, it turned into "CRUTCH" City.

17. amaru

amaru Member

LOL "CRUTCH" City.

Yao seems to be a much better person than Tracy..but he spends as much, if not more, time in the trainers room.

I don't like building on a foundation that is cracking.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

To be fair, Yao got hurt one year cause Tim Thomas fell on him.
    Not because he's fragile.

19. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

Kenny Smith's 3 at the end of regulation in Game 1 of 95 finals vs. Magic...

Maybe the most important clutch shot in Rockets history, because it directly affected the second championship...

20. nickb492

Are any of the second championship games available on torrents? I've never seen any of these games and can't seem to find anything. The most I get is highlights which is lame.